Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] news@sylva.icuklive.co.uk is offline

Default OT Energy consultants and smart meters

Is anyone else getting pestered by "energy consultants" offering to
act on one's behalf, have smart meters installed and then negotiating
a unit price while it is low now for when renewal is due next winter?
We do use a lot of electrical units in our yard (3 72kW supplies) but
how do they make their profit. I am a bit naive about smart meters
apart from knowing they communicate consumption in real time.

It reminds me of slamming with telephone providers in the past but I
wonder what the catch is?

Similarly I'm having cleaning chemical firms offering to send sample
packs out of the blue claiming we have done business in the past, when
we haven't. Again this reminds me of the old carbon copy paper scam
from the 60s.

I presume as a business even if I ask them to stop pestering me and
they continue no laws are being broken?