Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Construction Site Mobile Reporting Software

TheChief wrote:
Hi all

Does anyone have experience in the use or management of mobile
reporting software?

My boss wants site supervisors to fill in daily reports and detail
incidents etc so that we don't get stung at the end of a job for
causing delays which we do not have the evidence to refute. Yes
I know this could be done by careful note taking and a log book
for each supervisor, but he is looking for something more
immediate, perhaps tablet based.

Googling this gives one or two solutions which should fit the
bill, supporting photos and customisable forms etc., but is
anyone out there using or administering such a system.

The application would be the tracking/daily reporting on process
plant assembly and
installation followed by piping and
commissioning. Specifically it would record incidents and
ownership of problems causing delays.

Thanks for any comments or feedback on usability.

Phil

Sounds like CRM customer relationship management software could be used
for this.
I'm retired now but when I was working, there was a big push from senior
management to use this sort of tool but I never did (rebel!)

By making each "customer" a section of your project, the site
supervisors can enter their notes and everyone can view the notes, add
their comments etc
micro sloth Dynamic CRM might be worth a look?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 24/03/2015 21:00, Bob Minchin wrote:
TheChief wrote:
[...]

Thanks Bob

That's a good call!

Although we are not currently running CRM software, the intention is
that we will be adopting SAP1 - more ERP targeted.

This will not happen till 2016, so until then we might have to adopt
something small scale in the meantime to cover imminent projects.

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----