Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DECT to POTS

Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2015 19:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

Would these work for you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/03/2015 21:41, Toby wrote:
On 08/03/2015 19:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

Would these work for you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Otherwise could you just use an ATA, registered to the same account, for it?

--
Toby...
Remove your pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:42:44 +0000, Toby
wrote:

On 08/03/2015 21:41, Toby wrote:
On 08/03/2015 19:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

Would these work for you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Otherwise could you just use an ATA, registered to the same account, for it?

He might have an issue with both devices behind the same NAT router

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 08/03/2015 21:41, Toby wrote:
On 08/03/2015 19:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

Would these work for you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Otherwise could you just use an ATA, registered to the same account, for it?

He might have an issue with both devices behind the same NAT router

I think it would depend on the VOIP provider. I suspect Sipgate and AA
would be OK, but not Voipfone.

If you have a Cisco ATA112 you could connect both the bell and the DECT
base station to one of the ports. I am testing a similar setup where I
connect both a corded phone and a DECT base station to one port of an
SPA112.

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:41:27 +0000, Toby wrote:

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

Would these work for you?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone-White/dp/
B000NJQHL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425850760&sr=8-1&
keywords=wireless+telephone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Well that's the sort of thing and it even uses DECT but I don't think
you can pair the slave with anything other than an RTX master. The
pairing process appears to involve joining master/slave with a cable.

The ATA idea popped into my head 2 ms after pressing send but that
seems a bit overkill and involves wires. I was sort of wanting
something small and battery powered, there is quite a bit of space
inside a Bell 50c...

Butcher an old dect handset, switched 25 Hz oscilator, into 15:1 step
up transformer(*) to drive the bell?

(*) Small mains jobbie with 15 V secondary?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 23:30:47 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

Otherwise could you just use an ATA, registered to the same

account,
for it?

He might have an issue with both devices behind the same NAT

router

Careful configuration of IP address's, ports and port forwarding
ought to solve that. But I agree VOIP and NAT are not happy bed
fellows.

If you have a Cisco ATA112 you could connect both the bell and the DECT
base station to one of the ports.

The DECT POTS/VOIP base is already connected to a POTS line, which is
used for incoming calls but also makes the DECT handsets ring. It's
getting a proper bell to ring when VOIP calls arrive that is the
problem. The DECT base doesn't have any FXS ports.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2015 01:06, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:41:27 +0000, Toby wrote:

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

Would these work for you?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone-White/dp/
B000NJQHL4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425850760&sr=8-1&
keywords=wireless+telephone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Well that's the sort of thing and it even uses DECT but I don't think
you can pair the slave with anything other than an RTX master. The
pairing process appears to involve joining master/slave with a cable.

The ATA idea popped into my head 2 ms after pressing send but that
seems a bit overkill and involves wires. I was sort of wanting
something small and battery powered, there is quite a bit of space
inside a Bell 50c...

This any help?

http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 08:24:58 +0000, "Dennis@home"
wrote:

[...]

Only if like mine, it has an attendant ATA or two.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/10499539866/

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Registering AT&T Dect 6.0 base station with Panasonic Dect 6.0 handset? Amanda Riphnykhazova Electronics Repair 3 December 16th 12 02:34 AM
Pots, loads, and nonlinearity. - 3 channel mixer pots.pdf John Fields Electronic Schematics 6 November 17th 11 12:58 AM
DECT phone funny Rod Hewitt UK diy 29 March 10th 05 01:24 PM
Anything better than DECT... TonyK UK diy 11 February 7th 05 08:08 AM
BT Synergy 700 DECT answerphone Steven Briggs UK diy 4 September 12th 04 02:15 PM