Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare Michael Chare is offline

Default DECT to POTS

On 08/03/2015 22:25, Graham. wrote:
On Sun, 08 Mar 2015 21:42:44 +0000, Toby
wrote:

On 08/03/2015 21:41, Toby wrote:
On 08/03/2015 19:55, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Does such a thing exist?

The POTS side only needs ringing to drive proper bells (Bell 50c).

I want the Bell 50c to ring when incoming VOIP calls arrive on the
VOIP/DECT base station.

Would these work for you?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RTX-WIRELESS...hone+extension

http://tinyurl.com/pcugag9

Otherwise could you just use an ATA, registered to the same account, for it?

He might have an issue with both devices behind the same NAT router

I think it would depend on the VOIP provider. I suspect Sipgate and AA
would be OK, but not Voipfone.

If you have a Cisco ATA112 you could connect both the bell and the DECT
base station to one of the ports. I am testing a similar setup where I
connect both a corded phone and a DECT base station to one port of an
SPA112.

--
Michael Chare