Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default News individual . net

Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.
Thanks,
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote

Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.

Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.

Mine has been as good as it ever is.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2014 20:25, Nick wrote:
Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.
Thanks,
Nick.

I posted some time ago that I was having problems that appeared to be
with them. Must have been strong medicine, almost as soon as I had
posted it became fine again.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 07:22:07 on Wed, 26
Nov 2014, polygonum remarked:
Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.
Thanks,
Nick.

I posted some time ago that I was having problems that appeared to be
with them. Must have been strong medicine, almost as soon as I had
posted it became fine again.

There's something not quite right, because normally articles will get
there and back in a second, but I've had one documented case earlier in
the month where it took a little over an hour, and the past week I've
noticed a few which took of the order of tens of minutes.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2014 8:25 PM, Nick wrote:
Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.
Thanks,
Nick.

No problems here - connections are fine posts appear almost immediately.

--
Bob
Tetbury, Gloucestershire, England

Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2014 09:34, Bob Henson wrote:
On 25/11/2014 8:25 PM, Nick wrote:
Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.
Thanks,
Nick.

No problems here - connections are fine posts appear almost immediately.

Same here, no probs at all.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick" wrote:

Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.

There's been one connection failure, but that happens much more often with
mail servers I connect to that I didn't think of it as a NIN problem. As my
news client reconnects every few minutes things would have to be pretty bad
before I'd actually notice a problem.

Any time I've emailed their support address I've had a polite and
professional answer. If you've logs for times of problems why not ask them?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Nick wrote
Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.

Interesting. How have you gleaned that bit of knowledge?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I posted some time ago that I was having problems that appeared to be
with them. Must have been strong medicine, almost as soon as I had posted
it became fine again.

There's something not quite right, because normally articles will get
there and back in a second, but I've had one documented case earlier in
the month where it took a little over an hour, and the past week I've
noticed a few which took of the order of tens of minutes.
--
Roland Perry

Thanks V much. Working rather haphazardly here still.
Perhaps problem is at my end, but I think not.
Nick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nick wrote

Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.

Interesting. How have you gleaned that bit of knowledge?

Should be obvious with the amount you post.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2014 17:49, Rod Speed wrote:
Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nick wrote

Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.

Interesting. How have you gleaned that bit of knowledge?

Should be obvious with the amount you post.

Unbeknown to you, he may have been posting to numerous newsgroups.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nick" wrote in message

I posted some time ago that I was having problems that appeared to be
with them. Must have been strong medicine, almost as soon as I had posted
it became fine again.

There's something not quite right, because normally articles will get
there and back in a second, but I've had one documented case earlier in
the month where it took a little over an hour, and the past week I've
noticed a few which took of the order of tens of minutes.
--
Roland Perry

Thanks V much. Working rather haphazardly here still.

What exactly do you mean by that ?

Do you mean that new posts show up in bursts, or
that the time to actually download the headers is
very variable, or that it takes a variable amount of time
for your own posts to be visible after you post them ?

Perhaps problem is at my end, but I think not.

Hard to see how it can not be if only some
people see a haphazard result and others don’t.

Corse that doesn’t necessarily mean that the
problem is at your end literally, it may for
example be a problem with nntp with your
isp and that is why others who use a different
isp don’t see the problem.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2014 04:40, Rod Speed wrote:
Nick wrote
Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.

Mine has been as good as it ever is.

+1
No problems seen here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bod" wrote in message
On 26/11/2014 17:49, Rod Speed wrote:
Nick wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Nick wrote

Anyone having problems with this recently?

Nope and I use it more than you do.

Interesting. How have you gleaned that bit of knowledge?

Should be obvious with the amount you post.

Unbeknown to you, he may have been posting to numerous newsgroups.

I was talking about all newsgroup posting, its completely trivial to check
that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/11/2014 20:25, Nick wrote:
Anyone having problems with this recently?
Mine has been a bit flakey for some days.

About a week ago (can't remember exactly) the server had some sort of
problem which mean my client (Thunderbird) kept prompting me for my
password (normally provided automatically).

After a few hours it returned to normal. Apart from that has been
working perfectly for months.

--
Clive Page