lgb

Default news.individual.net replacement

For any n.i.n user who doesn't already know this, there is another
German university now sponsoring a free newsserver. Go to:

http://news.sunsite.dk

I'm using it now.

So if you don't want to pay the n.i.n fee or you don't like the only
method they've provided for payment (in the US at least) this looks like
a good alternative.

Dave Hinz

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:18:37 -0800, lgb wrote:
For any n.i.n user who doesn't already know this, there is another
German university now sponsoring a free newsserver. Go to:

http://news.sunsite.dk

Denmark is in Germany now? My ancestors are gonna be ****ed (again).

I'm using it now.

I'll try it, but...

So if you don't want to pay the n.i.n fee or you don't like the only
method they've provided for payment (in the US at least) this looks like
a good alternative.

Well, the buck and a half a month or whatever isn't going to break me,
and although I'm not thrilled with the TOS of their payment agent, I've
got very strong antispam filtering because I use spamcop, so I'll
probably try the Danish one, and pay for the German one.

Thanks for the pointer, though.

Dave

Lee Michaels

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 16:18:37 -0800, lgb wrote:
For any n.i.n user who doesn't already know this, there is another
German university now sponsoring a free newsserver. Go to:

http://news.sunsite.dk

Denmark is in Germany now? My ancestors are gonna be ****ed (again).

I'm using it now.

I'll try it, but...

So if you don't want to pay the n.i.n fee or you don't like the only
method they've provided for payment (in the US at least) this looks like
a good alternative.

Well, the buck and a half a month or whatever isn't going to break me,
and although I'm not thrilled with the TOS of their payment agent, I've
got very strong antispam filtering because I use spamcop, so I'll
probably try the Danish one, and pay for the German one.

Thanks for the pointer, though.

Dave

Do they enforce these rules?

Users of the SunSITE.dk USENET news server are required to
follow this set of rules. Disregarding the rules may cause
termination of access privileges without further notice!

Real Name:
It is required to use the accurate personal name
(also called "real name") in each posting, particularly in the
From: or Sender: field. It is not sufficient to include your
name in the signature solely.

Accurate Sender Address:
The e-mail address in From: or Sender: fields must belong to
you. Using identifiers of other individuals is not permitted.

I got this from their website.

lgb

In article ,
says...
For any n.i.n user who doesn't already know this, there is another
German university now sponsoring a free newsserver. Go to:

http://news.sunsite.dk

Denmark is in Germany now? My ancestors are gonna be ****ed (again).

Oops - I read that as "de".

From: or Sender: field. It is not sufficient to include your
name in the signature solely.

I dunno - I use my real name, so I'm fine with that.

Accurate Sender Address:
The e-mail address in From: or Sender: fields must belong to
you. Using identifiers of other individuals is not permitted.

I also use my real email address, so I'm still OK with that. spamcop
blocks 98-99% of the spam that tries to get to me, so I really don't
mind sharing my address publically.

I got this from their website.

These are similar terms to news.individual.net, by the way.

Dave

From: or Sender: field. It is not sufficient to include your
name in the signature solely.

I dunno - I use my real name, so I'm fine with that.

Accurate Sender Address:
The e-mail address in From: or Sender: fields must belong to
you. Using identifiers of other individuals is not permitted.

I also use my real email address, so I'm still OK with that. spamcop
blocks 98-99% of the spam that tries to get to me, so I really don't
mind sharing my address publically.

I got this from their website.

These are similar terms to news.individual.net, by the way.

Yes, I am aware of similar rules at news.individual.net.

But nobody ever enforced them. I wonder if they do at Sunsite.dk.

Dave Hinz

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 14:21:46 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Dave Hinz" wrote

These are similar terms to news.individual.net, by the way.

Yes, I am aware of similar rules at news.individual.net.
But nobody ever enforced them. I wonder if they do at Sunsite.dk.

(shrug) dunno. You could always try it, and if you don't like it,
get a full refund.