Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 'Smoked' Salmond on toast

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

BBC reports: "Ms Sturgeon said she would work with "anyone in any way"
to secure more powers for Scotland."

Do you think that working with one of the various Irish organisations,
or IS would lead to more independence for Scotland?

Methinks she needs a far longer spoon than she would be able to get hold
of if she really meant what is quoted. It is a worrying thing for her to
say. But maybe her star was more of a meteor?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I sincerely hope that the presumably huge costs of this referendum exercise
is picked up in it's entirety by Scottish funding and doesn't come to roost
on English tax payers, who were not invited to express their opinions.

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Mawson wrote

I sincerely hope that the presumably huge costs of this referendum
exercise is picked up in it's entirety by Scottish funding

Not even possible with what got spent on the No campaign.

and doesn't come to roost on English tax payers,

Quite a bit of it will be, particularly with the No campaign.

In spades with the bribes that will be handed out
now to ensure that it doesnt get up the next time.

who were not invited to express their opinions.

Because they get no say on whether they want to be independent or not.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

It means the whingers will s!art again!

At least we know the islanders want to stay British as we thought.

Maybe we should disconnect Glasgow, Dundee and N Lanarkshire from the
rest of the UK for a bit so they know what they voted for?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

It won't stop him trying to get another referendum. I suspect that
Westminster might be a little less willing to amend the Scotland Act a
second time to allow one though.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jabba wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

Yep, because he wins whatever the outcome of the referendum was.

And goes down as having been the one to get a referendum too.

That won't do his political prospects any harm at all either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:40:35 +0100, Jabba wrote:

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as he
can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of turnout
for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to vote.
The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

--
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for the rare
story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2014 08:40, Jabba wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think they
have won until they get an independent Scotland.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Al Al is offline

On Friday, 19 September 2014 08:58:20 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:40:35 +0100, Jabba wrote:

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as he

can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

yes you clocked it. He always wanted 'devomax' on the ballot knowing full well independence wouldn't cut it. Westminster gambled on the yes/no option. When the polls got tight in the last few days, they bottled it and in effect that's exactly what they offered.

Al
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of
turnout for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to
vote.

No one has worked out how to do that.

The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.

Its more complicated than that.

They also need have decided that what they are voting on matters to them.

It hardly ever does with most council or national elections.

You don’t even see that sort of turnout for stuff like joining the EU or
not.

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

--
Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except for the rare
story of which you happen to have first-hand knowledge. - Erwin Knoll

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote
Jabba wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think they have
won until they get an independent Scotland.

Sure, but they have anyway, and there arent enough committed nationalists to
matter anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my surname here wrote

On 19/09/2014 08:40, Jabba wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think they
have won until they get an independent Scotland.

Every country has nationalists, sometimes they can whip up backing, most
of the time they're regarded by the majority as nutcases. Don't be
surprised to hear about the Cornish nationalists in the next few months.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:40:35 +0100, Jabba wrote:

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as he
can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the exisisting arrangements will still have to get
through parliament.

--
*Rehab is for quitters.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2014 10:31, Jabba wrote:
"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my surname here wrote

On 19/09/2014 08:40, Jabba wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think they
have won until they get an independent Scotland.

Every country has nationalists, sometimes they can whip up backing, most
of the time they're regarded by the majority as nutcases.

When I lived in Scotland, I doubt anybody thought there would ever be
nearly half the country in favour of separation, but it happened. I
don't think it will go away now; this is just a postponement until next
time.

Mind you, a yes vote would have at least meant we didn't have to cheer
for Andy Murray any more.

Don't be
surprised to hear about the Cornish nationalists in the next few months.

I was think more of the Welsh.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power
as he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the exisisting arrangements
will still have to get through parliament.

And they will, you watch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar "cpb"@" "insert my surname here wrote
Jabba wrote
Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my surname here wrote
Jabba wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think
they have won until they get an independent Scotland.

Every country has nationalists, sometimes they can whip up backing,
most of the time they're regarded by the majority as nutcases.

When I lived in Scotland, I doubt anybody thought there would ever
be nearly half the country in favour of separation, but it happened.

True.

I don't think it will go away now;

Corse it won't.

this is just a postponement until next time.

Yep.

Mind you, a yes vote would have at least meant
we didn't have to cheer for Andy Murray any more.

Don't be surprised to hear about the Cornish
nationalists in the next few months.

I was think more of the Welsh.

Yep.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power
as he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the exisisting arrangements
will still have to get through parliament.

And they will, you watch.

That is quite promising given you're proved wrong about nearly everything.

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article sting.com,
Jabba wrote:
"Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my surname here wrote

On 19/09/2014 08:40, Jabba wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

I don't think that the really committed nationalists will think they
have won until they get an independent Scotland.

Every country has nationalists, sometimes they can whip up backing, most
of the time they're regarded by the majority as nutcases. Don't be
surprised to hear about the Cornish nationalists in the next few months.

A few years ago at a General Election, there was a Vectis Nationalist
standing. I'll leave it to you Latin scholars to work out which seat was
involved.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, September 19, 2014 8:58:20 AM UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:40:35 +0100, Jabba wrote:

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as he

can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

That's an interesting thought - maybe the lack of Plan B for the pound / euro was deliberate. That certainly from my point of view was the why I voted no, and the lack of a national bank nor plans seemingly to create one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2014 09:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of turnout
for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to vote.
The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.
Brian

What is needed is to make every vote count (just as it did in this
referendum). Round here the Tories have such a big majority its not
worth getting off your arse to vote anything else. I suspect other
parts of the country have the opposite problem.

If the referendum had been counted on a council basis the NOs would
still have won (28 to 4) but my guess is that the turnout would have
been a lot less.

--
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Can't see him getting many cheers at Wimbledon next year. The ****
should have kept his trap shut.

Don't be
surprised to hear about the Cornish nationalists in the next few months.

I was think more of the Welsh.

They're mostly ****wits who are obsessed with getting everyone to speak
Welsh.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:38:46 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my
surname here wrote:

It won't stop him trying to get another referendum.

That's about the size of it. He's a one-trick pony and with his
frustrated sights firmly set on more personal power, the only way to
deal with the ******* is for the Scottish electorate to wake up to how
cunning and ruthless a manipulator he is and how they've been played.
Sleazy little creep - I wish he'd do the decent thing and **** off.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:40:41 +0100, "Nightjar \"cpb\"@" "insert my
surname here wrote:

Mind you, a yes vote would have at least meant we didn't have to cheer
for Andy Murray any more.

You see, that's the kind of remark that makes me think less of you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power
as he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the exisisting arrangements
will still have to get through parliament.

And they will, you watch.

That is quite promising given you're proved wrong about nearly everything.

How odd that I said that the Yes vote wouldn’t get up this time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:50:28 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as
he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the existing arrangements will still have to get
through parliament.

And they will, you watch.

That is quite promising given you're proved wrong about nearly everything.

LOL Yeah, depends which "countrys" are involved. ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of
turnout
for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to vote.

The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.

What is needed is to make every vote count

Not even possible with council and national elections.

(just as it did in this referendum).

It didn’t actually. 1*% percent didn’t bother to vote.

Round here the Tories have such a big majority its not worth getting off
your arse to vote anything else.

And nothing is going to change that in some electorates.

I suspect other parts of the country have the opposite problem.

True.

If the referendum had been counted on a council basis the NOs would still
have won (28 to 4) but my guess is that the turnout would have been a lot
less.

I doubt it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news

Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as
he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the existing arrangements will still have to get
through parliament.

And they will, you watch.

That is quite promising given you're proved wrong about nearly
everything.

LOL Yeah, depends which "countrys" are involved. ;-)

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

here wrote:

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

It won't stop him trying to get another referendum. I suspect that
Westminster might be a little less willing to amend the Scotland Act a
second time to allow one though.

He's started:

Asked if he could pledge not to bring back another referendum if the Yes
campaign does not win on Thursday, Mr Marr suggested this meant in the next 20
years, Mr Salmond replied: "That’s my view. My view is this is a once in a
generation, perhaps even a once in a lifetime, opportunity for Scotland."

This morning: " Alex Salmond, struck a defiant note at a downbeat Scottish
National party rally in Edinburgh, saying he accepted Scotland had not "at this
stage" decided to vote for independence."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:56:27 +0100, charles wrote:

A few years ago at a General Election, there was a Vectis Nationalist
standing. I'll leave it to you Latin scholars to work out which seat was
involved.

Wiki says it was 1970...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:08:00 +0100, news wrote:

What is needed is to make every vote count (just as it did in this
referendum). Round here the Tories have such a big majority its not
worth getting off your arse to vote anything else.

Damn that democracy, where the candidate with the most support wins the
right to represent the entire constituency.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Adrian wrote
Jabba wrote

I think you'll find he has won.

*ding* He's got the outcome that he really wanted. As much power as
he can cope with, without having all the awkward reality.

Any alterations to the existing arrangements will still have to get
through parliament.

And they will, you watch.

That is quite promising given you're proved wrong about nearly
everything.

LOL Yeah, depends which "countrys" are involved. ;-)

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

It is not me doing the bull****ting, sunshine, nor nymshifting in
attempts to avoid killfiles.

Buh bye.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

surname here wrote:

Mind you, a yes vote would have at least meant we didn't have to cheer
for Andy Murray any more.

You see, that's the kind of remark that makes me think less of you.

He's a miserable b****r who can't even look happy when he wins. Why
should I want to support him?

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/2014 10:56, charles wrote:
A few years ago at a General Election, there was a Vectis Nationalist
standing. I'll leave it to you Latin scholars to work out which seat was
involved.

.... or those of us who live in the South. Mind you, they didn't want
full independence, they wanted Crown Dependency status, effectively
leaving them part of the UK, but not ruled from Westminster.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

surname here wrote:

Mind you, a yes vote would have at least meant we didn't have to cheer
for Andy Murray any more.

You see, that's the kind of remark that makes me think less of you.

He's a miserable b****r who can't even look happy when he wins. Why
should I want to support him?

The dull bugger has also ****ed his mother's chances of winning that
dancing competition on Saturday.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/09/14 08:40, Jabba wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote

And Sturgeon for later.

It must be the smell of fish

I think you'll find he has won.

In a way yes, but in another way, no he hasn't.

I think the big winners will be UK citizens, and UKIP.