Posted to uk.d-i-y
news[_7_] news[_7_] is offline

Default 'Smoked' Salmond on toast

On 19/09/2014 09:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
The big story is not yes or no, but how can the uk get this kind of turnout
for council and ntional elections without making it illegal not to vote.
The answer of course is that people need to believe the issues are
important, and that any promises made will actually come to pass.
Brian

What is needed is to make every vote count (just as it did in this
referendum). Round here the Tories have such a big majority its not
worth getting off your arse to vote anything else. I suspect other
parts of the country have the opposite problem.

If the referendum had been counted on a council basis the NOs would
still have won (28 to 4) but my guess is that the turnout would have
been a lot less.

--
Chris