Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrical Count

Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

Any ideas?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
DerbyBorn writes:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

Any ideas?

Something lost in the transcribing by someone who didn't
understand what they're talking about, I suspect.

They're probably trying to ask for a periodic inspection
report, in which case I would response by saying it's not
required, but the buyer is welcome to pay for one if they
want to.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that
the property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know
what one was.

Possibly a typo for (or mishearing of) "electrical certificate". We
have just decided we shall have to move house - rather than wait to be
moved out in body bags - and it seems conveyancers now routinely ask for
EICs/Part P certificates/latest EICR.

(I fear I'll have to cough for an EICR as there's no bits of paper with
magic initials on, unless we're lucky enough to get buyers who believe
my test results or come and do their own).
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2014 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

I can't think of any electrical Counts, although Joseph Swan was a Knight.

Any ideas?

Send them a list showing the number of electrical power points, light
switches and lights and see if they know what they really wanted.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

A robot of Dracula maybe?

Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.222...
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
.222...
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

Any ideas

Adam maybe ??

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Robin" writes:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that
the property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know
what one was.

Possibly a typo for (or mishearing of) "electrical certificate". We
have just decided we shall have to move house - rather than wait to be
moved out in body bags - and it seems conveyancers now routinely ask for
EICs/Part P certificates/latest EICR.

(I fear I'll have to cough for an EICR as there's no bits of paper with
magic initials on, unless we're lucky enough to get buyers who believe
my test results or come and do their own).

Several people I know have moved in last 2 years. I think the paperwork
is always asked for (gas, windows, electrical, etc), but saying there
isn't any never caused any problems.

In one case we said there was a boiler installation certificate, but
when it was found, the installer had registered it against the wrong
address, so it was useless, and we then had to say there wasn't one.
No one cared in the least.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/14 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

Any ideas?

It's ********.

They either meant:

Original EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate)

or an

EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report, was called a "PIR")

The former - not many people have these, just say "NA".

if the second, tell the buyer to pay to have one commissioned at their
expense, unless the seller is desperate to be "helpful".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/14 16:17, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Robin" writes:
[...]

+1 - just say "NA" and see if they fuss...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

On 28/04/14 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

It's ********.

They either meant:

Original EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate)

or an

EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report, was called a "PIR")

That could be a plausible mistranscription, if someone had just
scrawled "Electrical Cond", anticipating it being expanded to
something more formal.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Tim Watts wrote:

On 28/04/14 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what
one
was.

It's ********.

They either meant:

Original EIC (Electrical Installation Certificate)

or an

EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report, was called a "PIR")

That could be a plausible mistranscription, if someone had just
scrawled "Electrical Cond", anticipating it being expanded to
something more formal.

Or indeed "Electrical Cert"

But if they meant "Electrical ****" then I am your man.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 Apr 2014, Nightjar grunted:

On 28/04/2014 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that
the property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know
what one was.

I can't think of any electrical Counts, although Joseph Swan was a
Knight.

Any ideas?

Send them a list showing the number of electrical power points, light
switches and lights and see if they know what they really wanted.

Or just tell them you've totted up all the volts and it came to 230.

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/04/2014 16:06, Nightjar wrote:
On 28/04/2014 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

I can't think of any electrical Counts, although Joseph Swan was a Knight.

Any ideas?

Send them a list showing the number of electrical power points, light
switches and lights and see if they know what they really wanted.

Colin Bignell

Too much work.. send them the meter reading.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 20:29:31 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 28/04/2014 16:06, Nightjar wrote:
On 28/04/2014 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

I can't think of any electrical Counts, although Joseph Swan was a Knight.

Any ideas?

Send them a list showing the number of electrical power points, light
switches and lights and see if they know what they really wanted.

Colin Bignell

Too much work.. send them the meter reading.

Let's see, an Earl is much the same as a Count, and Jarl is another
word for an Earl. Jarl sounds very similar to joule which is an
electrical unit so tell them how many of those you use.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks to you, Tim and Andrew. I'll try to stop fretting about that.
(Paranoia reigns as we made a subsidence claim a few years ago which
turned out to be a bad thing when a) little work was done as a result
and b) a better surveyor advised later it was mostly historical movement
as the plane trees grew.)

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mcp mcp is offline

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 16:06:38 +0100, Nightjar
wrote:

On 28/04/2014 14:36, DerbyBorn wrote:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that the
property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know what one
was.

I can't think of any electrical Counts, although Joseph Swan was a Knight.

It must be Count Alessandro Volta they're after.

With JB You Can Always Count On... Larry Jaques[_2_] Metalworking 1 April 21st 10 07:30 AM
Count the Silver Cliff Metalworking 0 February 13th 06 01:04 AM
Current Count - As Of 10/18/05 Tom Watson Woodworking 85 November 16th 05 07:33 PM
Inches Count FriscoSoxFan Woodworking 5 March 9th 05 06:49 PM
Does this count as a "gloat"? DanPat Woodturning 8 March 5th 04 11:54 PM