FriscoSoxFan

Default Inches Count

I'm looking to buy a 6" jointer. Money is not so much the consideration
as is the wsize of the machine. I'll be storing up against the side
wall of a very small garage that is used for storing cars (I know,
blasphemy!). I need a good quality Jointer with the smallest depth
possible. I've DAGSed to find dimensions, but the info out there is
sparse:

Machine widths:
Grizzly G1182Z =3D 20"
Delta Shopmaster and X5 =3D 28 1/2"
Bridgewood=AE Model BW-6R =3D ???
YORKCRAFT=AE Model YC-6J =3D ???
General 80-100 =3D ???
Lobo =3D ???
Ridgid =3D ???
Star =3D ???
Sunhill =3D 21"
Harbor Freight =3D ???

Leon

Something to think about. A jointer that sets on an enclosed cabinet
normally has a smaller foot print that one that sets on an open stand. My
stand is 3 times wider than the jointer and 2' longer than the jointer. A
real Albatross.

"FriscoSoxFan" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking to buy a 6" jointer. Money is not so much the consideration
as is the wsize of the machine. I'll be storing up against the side
wall of a very small garage that is used for storing cars (I know,
blasphemy!). I need a good quality Jointer with the smallest depth
possible. I've DAGSed to find dimensions, but the info out there is
sparse:

Machine widths:
Grizzly G1182Z = 20"
Delta Shopmaster and X5 = 28 1/2"
Bridgewood® Model BW-6R = ???
YORKCRAFT® Model YC-6J = ???
General 80-100 = ???
Lobo = ???
Ridgid = ???
Star = ???
Sunhill = 21"
Harbor Freight = ???

The extra depth on the Delta is due to the rack and pinion fence. The
Yorkcraft is basically the same machine as Delta, and the dimensions
will be identical.

Grizzly, Bridgewood, Ridid and most of the rest are very similar
machines, and I wouldn't expect more than an inch or two variation. My
Ridgid measures 20", same as Grizzly.

FriscoSoxFan

Thanks, just the info I was looking for. I need to go as narrow as
possible to avoid running the explorer into the thing

damian penney

FriscoSoxFan wrote:
Thanks, just the info I was looking for. I need to go as narrow as
possible to avoid running the explorer into the thing

Just trade the explorer in for a mini. problem solved.

Bob G.

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:34:57 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Something to think about. A jointer that sets on an enclosed cabinet
normally has a smaller foot print that one that sets on an open stand. My
stand is 3 times wider than the jointer and 2' longer than the jointer. A
real Albatross.

Good point... the original poster may be better off measuring the
stand..not the jointer... Mine is a OEM stand from Rockwell and it
too is slightly longer and wider then the machine itself...

Bob Griffiths