Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrical Count

On 28/04/14 16:17, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Robin" writes:
Someone selling a house has been told by the buyer's solicitor that
the property needs an "Electrical Count" - the solicitor didn't know
what one was.

Possibly a typo for (or mishearing of) "electrical certificate". We
have just decided we shall have to move house - rather than wait to be
moved out in body bags - and it seems conveyancers now routinely ask for
EICs/Part P certificates/latest EICR.

(I fear I'll have to cough for an EICR as there's no bits of paper with
magic initials on, unless we're lucky enough to get buyers who believe
my test results or come and do their own).

Several people I know have moved in last 2 years. I think the paperwork
is always asked for (gas, windows, electrical, etc), but saying there
isn't any never caused any problems.

In one case we said there was a boiler installation certificate, but
when it was found, the installer had registered it against the wrong
address, so it was useless, and we then had to say there wasn't one.
No one cared in the least.

+1 - just say "NA" and see if they fuss...