Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Door Bells

I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to
buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on
Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Doorchimes.co.uk helpfully points this out:

" The only wireless models to meet the 90db level are the 200m versions
of the Friedland Libra+ range, the D911S, D914S, D917b, D917c and the
additional chime model D917S. "

So am thinking of the D914S.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos,
Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains.
But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to
buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on
Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Doorchimes.co.uk helpfully points this out:

" The only wireless models to meet the 90db level are the 200m versions
of the Friedland Libra+ range, the D911S, D914S, D917b, D917c and the
additional chime model D917S. "

So am thinking of the D914S.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos,
Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains.
But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

Have you got a local TLC?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2013 19:52, Bob Minchin wrote:
polygonum wrote:
I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to
buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on
Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Doorchimes.co.uk helpfully points this out:

" The only wireless models to meet the 90db level are the 200m versions
of the Friedland Libra+ range, the D911S, D914S, D917b, D917c and the
additional chime model D917S. "

So am thinking of the D914S.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos,
Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains.
But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

Have you got a local TLC?

Local enough (Slough) but they say the Libra range is discontinued! Not
sure that is accurate - or maybe they are talking about the non-plus
version.

Thanks for the suggestion. And at least their website is easy to find
and navigate.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 19:44:28 +0000, polygonum wrote:

I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to
buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on
Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos,
Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains.
But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Friedland-D9...e-Portable/dp/
B001F8QCLW
"Want it tomorrow, 28th? Order within the next 9hr 39min and choose one-
day delivery"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, December 26, 2013 7:44:28 PM UTC, polygonum wrote:
I have an urgent need for a new door bell/chime.

It needs to be loud, and have a flashing light. And I need to be able to

buy one in the South Bucks area tomorrow, or Winchester area on

Saturday. And fit it very quickly and easily.

Doorchimes.co.uk helpfully points this out:

" The only wireless models to meet the 90db level are the 200m versions

of the Friedland Libra+ range, the D911S, D914S, D917b, D917c and the

additional chime model D917S. "

So am thinking of the D914S.

Any suggestions? Have been looking at obvious sites such as B&Q, Argos,

Homebase, distasteful though they may be. And various electrical chains.

But cannot find a definite stockist to ring tomorrow!

--

Rod

I bought a Byron SX15 some time ago - it's a wireless bell system rather than a chime, and is much louder than a chime. After a while the wireless button seemed to get more and more unreliable and a dismantle was called for to find out why.

The problem is that the external press button module has two button batteries in a stack. They are not in a sealed package so moisture is around and carries in impurities that break the conductive path between the cells erratically.

I was fortunate in that some time previously the bell switch hole in the door frame had a wire in it that I was able to trace to the attic. I fitted a new sealed pushbutton at the door, and moved the wireless module to the attic with the wire hacked across its switch. This is great as the bell module now works throughout the house and can be put where it can be heard best..

Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2013 21:51, robgraham wrote:
[...]

Thank you.

I dismissed Byron because of something or other. Cannot now remember if
it was a maximum loudness of 85 dB (90 dB on the Friedland) or that
people reported problems with the bell push not always working -
especially with a brief touch.

Luckily two things happened today - first the deadline was extended to
Wednesday or Saturday next week - phew! And I managed to order both the
D914 and D936 (IIRC) telephone thing today - from two different
suppliers due to bizarre pricing. Fingers crossed.

--
Rod

Wired door bells revisited The Medway Handyman UK diy 8 October 17th 12 03:31 PM
Wireless door bells The Medway Handyman UK diy 25 November 11th 09 06:14 PM
Door bells Angela[_3_] UK diy 18 December 10th 08 02:54 PM
wireless door bells Bhoy UK diy 13 January 4th 06 04:07 PM
Wireless Door Bells John UK diy 4 November 7th 04 11:33 PM