Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bhoy

Default wireless door bells

Hi
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers
one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will
not give false alarms due to interference etc.
Thanks from Eddie

Junior Member

Location: Lymington Hampshire

[quote=Bhoy]Hi
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers
one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will
not give false alarms due to interference etc.
Thanks from Eddie[/QUOTE

Hi Eddie, They all have a site code selection even the cheapies this is a 5-6 digit code that is changed by flicking across little switches normally in the battery compartment. All you do when you buy them is make sure you change the code from the factory code as this is what causes all the false activations people just fit the batteries then leave them. Really your only problem is which type to go for. I got a pair of £10 byron doorbells from B&Q one bell for the hall and one for the landing and because I bought 2 I've got a spare push button. Just go into a DIY store and have a good look around there are loads to choose from just get the one you like. Alec
Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

In message , Bhoy
writes
Hi
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers
one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will
not give false alarms due to interference etc.

Parents-in-law have a Friedland which seems to work reliably.
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Hzatph

"Bhoy" wrote in message
Hi
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers
one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which
will not give false alarms due to interference etc.
Thanks from Eddie

I bought one with an alleged 100m range - it would not go through one wall!
Make sure that you can return it in this event.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Hzatph wrote:
I bought one with an alleged 100m range - it would not go through one
wall! Make sure that you can return it in this event.

Hzatph is dead right. The first 'bargain' one I bought was from Makro and
was hopeless - kept going off at all hours whenever it felt like it. Rarely
get to Makro and couldn't be arsed to take it back.

Current one is from B&Q, mid range in price. Bought it there precicely so I
could return it if it played up. It's been perfect.

Just had a look, no manufacturers name on the unit, but it wasn't B&Q own
label. About £20 IIRC?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Bhoy laid this down on his screen :
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers one
for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will not
give false alarms due to interference etc.

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes
should suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with 100m
range.

This has a large choice of codes which you set to match at both the
chime and bell push. Two (or more) of these set to the same code would
allow you to have several chimes activated from one door button, plus
if needed one button at the front door and one at the back. A switch
inside the button allows you to change the chime notes produced so you
can differentiate between front and back door button presses.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:39:12 GMT, "Harry Bloomfield"
wrote:

Bhoy laid this down on his screen :
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers one
for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will not
give false alarms due to interference etc.

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes
should suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with 100m
range.

Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y
david lang

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes
should suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with
100m range.

That's what I thought when I bought my el cheapo one. Changing the codes
didn't stop it going off by itself at all hours.

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Frank Erskine has brought this to us :
Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

The wholesalers do still sell them.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:03:11 GMT, "Harry Bloomfield"
wrote:

Frank Erskine has brought this to us :
Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

The wholesalers do still sell them.

Thanks.
--
Frank Erskine

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Bhoy laid this down on his screen :
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers
one for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which
will not give false alarms due to interference etc.

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes should
suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with 100m range.

Yes - we have these and they work well.
Our furthest one is about 20M from the
bell and with 2/3 walls in the way - works
just fine. Can't remember but I thought
there was a 200M version? Perhaps we
have one of those... I remember thinking
they were a bit on the expensive side...

The Maplin ones were really, really bad.
Some wouldn't work more than 5M with
direct line of sight. They were advertised
as up to 20M. The best I managed with the
four I purchased was 12.5M.

Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

wrote:

Bhoy laid this down on his screen :
I would like to buy one of these wireless door bell kits with two buzzers one
for downstairs and one for upstairs can anyone recommend one which will not
give false alarms due to interference etc.

I would suggest that none of the modern ones with presetable codes
should suffer false alarms. I can recommend the Friedland one with 100m
range.

Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

Hi,

TLC direct do. GIYF

cheers,
Pete
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

This may be bad news...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Door_Bells_and_Chimes_Index/Friedland_Envoy/index.html

--
*I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 10:16:10 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
Who sells Friedland ones these days? B&Q only seem to have Byron
bells, and I'd like an additional receiver/bell for an existing
Friedland one.

This may be bad news...

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Door_Bells_and_Chimes_Index/Friedland_Envoy/index.html

Thanks.I think it's the Libra which we have :-)

--
Frank Erskine

Wireless security alarms AJB UK diy 5 September 6th 05 09:09 PM
IKEA wireless remote dimmers and sockets - Koppla [email protected] UK diy 1 April 6th 05 12:12 AM
Another Cable Network Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 23 May 17th 04 02:20 PM
SmartHome Wireless Security System Billy Home Repair 2 August 5th 03 02:58 AM