Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maps that make sense.

http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/
Interesting.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/
Interesting.

Odd that Google themselves don't seem to know that there's no streetview in
Germany.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2013 10:03, Tim+ wrote:
harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/

Interesting.

Odd that Google themselves don't seem to know that there's no streetview
in Germany.

They class the static photo montage they use in Germany as being
streetview. Personally, I find it a PITA, as I like to use streetview to
look at the approaches to hotels and their car parks before I travel.
SatNav does not always take you to the right place to park.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2013 09:19, harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/
Interesting.

I like the make of countries that Britain has not invaded, but I wonder
how we missed so many.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 27/11/13 15:10, Nightjar wrote:
On 27/11/2013 09:19, harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/

Interesting.

I like the make of countries that Britain has not invaded, but I wonder
how we missed so many.

I think "3. The Only 22 Countries in the World Britain Has Not Invaded"
should be combined with "4. Map of €˜Pangea with Current International
Borders".

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1273716 20131127 100354 "Tim+" wrote:
harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-of-the-world/
Interesting.

Odd that Google themselves don't seem to know that there's no streetview in
Germany.

There is *some* StreetView in Germany, most cities and large towns.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote on Nov 27, 2013:

On 27/11/2013 10:03, Tim+ wrote:
harryagain wrote:
http://twistedsifter.com/2013/08/map...-sense-of-the-
world/

Interesting.

Odd that Google themselves don't seem to know that there's no streetview
in Germany.

They class the static photo montage they use in Germany as being
streetview. Personally, I find it a PITA, as I like to use streetview to
look at the approaches to hotels and their car parks before I travel.
SatNav does not always take you to the right place to park.

I do exactly the same with Streetview. Also I like to plan routes in detail
when driving abroad, and it's a great way to choose between alternatives
-when available.

Strangely, one of the best mapped countries I've come across with Streetview
is Croatia

--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire