Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default EDF don't make sense

Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or less? Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're refunding me money? What the ****?

--
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Price increases?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, from what I can gather, they seem to be saying that through the warm
periods you are owed some money, b and will refund the overpay, but as the
cost has gone up and its the cold part of the year, based on what you were
paying before y ou need to pay more.
I agree its pretty daft in that they could just keep the overpay and put it
toward the cold higher priced bills, but I suspect they want to appear to be
being fair.
I'm waiting to see what happens to my bills when the Blue tarrif runs out.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message
news Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or less?
Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're refunding me
money? What the ****?

--
For 93 million miles, there is nothing between the sun and my shadow except
me. I'm always getting in the way of something...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:42:48 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well, from what I can gather, they seem to be saying that through the warm
periods you are owed some money, b and will refund the overpay, but as the
cost has gone up and its the cold part of the year, based on what you were
paying before y ou need to pay more.
I agree its pretty daft in that they could just keep the overpay and put it
toward the cold higher priced bills, but I suspect they want to appear to be
being fair.
I'm waiting to see what happens to my bills when the Blue tarrif runs out.
Brian

The whole point of a direct debit scheme is I pay the same through the whole year. So cold and warm weather should be irrelevant.

I know I'm using less than the same time last year, enough less that despite the increased unit cost, I have consumed less value of elec/gas than the same time last year (they show graphs to tell you on the bill).

I can see that over the last two years the amount of money I owe them has reduced a lot from 600 quid to 100 quid. So they're actually refunding me despite me still owing them money. Presumably they've worked out that at the current rate of money I'm paying each month I will end up going into credit shortly. If so why have they increased my monthly payment?

--
CO2 emissions aren't a problem. CO2 is supposed to be there. It feeds plants for ****s sake! If greenies want plants to be healthy, we need MORE CO2! They pump CO2 into greenhouses to make plants grow better!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Because!

I've just had a load of missed calls from 0191 number (EDF energy) and as
I'm feeling awkward today when they rang again just now I said Mr N was
not available and could Mr N ring back? No this an out going number
only! I was not on the cheapest tariff, and they could ring again!

So two questions:

1) Why am I not FFS automatically on the best rate? customer service
my ....
2) How the hell do I talk to you if your number wont accept calls?

I fell a slightly shouty call later if I can find a number that won't
cost more than my energy use for a month!

Oh and just tried to change the tariff on line and after going through
the hoops it say "sorry can't change your tariff - contact us! no doubt
on a premium rate number!

/mode Grumpy Git

Avpx

--
On nights such as this, evil deeds are done. And good deeds,
of course. But mostly evil deeds.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2013 08:14, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or
less? Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're
refunding me money? What the ****?

They aim to have to have you pay about the right amount averaged out
over the year. However this tends to be based on historical usage, and
possibly some prediction of how cold they expect this year to be.

It tends to go wrong when there is a big year on year change in degree
days[1] as there was last year and the year before where we moved from a
year that was 10% warmer than average to one that was 11% colder. Thus
creating a big swing in demand. You also upset the system if you make
changes to your usage for any reason (patterns of use, changes to
insulation, boiler etc)

[1] You can find tables out there is you google - but its basically an
indication of how much heating is needed and on how many days.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2013 10:41, The Nomad wrote:

Oh and just tried to change the tariff on line and after going through
the hoops it say "sorry can't change your tariff - contact us! no doubt
on a premium rate number!

/mode Grumpy Git

Lots of entries for EDF

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 01/11/2013 08:14, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or
less? Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're
refunding me money? What the ****?

They aim to have to have you pay about the right amount averaged out
over the year. However this tends to be based on historical usage, and
possibly some prediction of how cold they expect this year to be.

nPower used to change the direct debit every time they read the meter.
So during the light use quarters, I paid more than during the heavy use
quarters. As a result, I was always either in debt, and had to pay more
next quarter, or they decreased it as I was in credit.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

There should be no tariffs. Well one tariff then. No need to have several. I will accept discounts for direct debit, dual fuel, read your own meter, paperless billing, etc. But why have a choice of tariffs?

EDF are quite a nice company. They let you owe them a lot without charging interest, but they pay you back if you go into credit. They even allowed me to miss a few payments when I couldn't afford them.

I don't like EON though. After I read in the news that they had sent a bailiff round to someone's house for not paying a bill, when the guy wasn't their customer, I vowed never to use them. Then they managed to phone my mobile TWENTY times in 24 hours trying to get me to change to them. I labelled the number as Eon ****s on my phone then every time they phoned after that I answered but kept silent, or swore, or made silly noises.

I also hate British Gas. They convinced me to change by doing some calculation and ending up with a lower monthly payment. When I looked into it further the unit cost was actually higher, so all I'd do is accumulate a debt with them. I changed back immediately.

--
Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics
German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell is where the police are German, the chefs British, the mechanics
French, the lovers Swiss and it is all organized by Italians.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 10:56:41 -0000, John Rumm wrote:

[...]

They really got confused when I wasn't living here for two years, then moved back and installed electric heating in my garage for parrots, then changed it to gas (fed from the house central heating).

I'm also not a typical user - I don't tend to heat the house very much so my usage doesn't really change throughout the year.

--
I've been charged with murder for killing a man with sandpaper. To be honest I only intended to rough him up a bit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:10:23 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

John Rumm wrote:
[...]

So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same during colder months.

--
The Archbishop of Canterbury and The Royal Commission for Political Correctness announced today that the climate in the UK should no longer be referred to as "English Weather".
Rather than offend a sizeable portion of the UK population, it will now be referred to as "Muslim Weather" - (Partly Sunni, but mostly Shi'ite).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/2013 08:14, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or
less? Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're
refunding me money? What the ****?

They have done an annual review and decided they need to refund the
extra you have paid.

At the same time they have looked at your use, the expected weather and
decided you will have to pay more next year.

They could keep the extra but then you would be screaming about them
getting interest on your money.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 05:41:17 -0500, The Nomad wrote:

Oh and just tried to change the tariff on line and after going through
the hoops it say "sorry can't change your tariff - contact us! no doubt
on a premium rate number!

I just dig about for an 0800 number on the website an call that, they
all tend to end up in the same call handling system anyway. Even if
you don't make a best guess from the options and who ever you end up
speaking to will either transfer or give a number. Another way to
defeat the "press 1 for ..." is to keep quiet, eventually the system
will give up and transfer you to a tellie tubbie.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:14:06 -0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or
less? Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're
refunding me money?

Refund beacuse they are nice and to stop you wailing about them
having your money and not paying interest.

Increase 'cause the prices have, or are very likely to, rise during
the
next 12 months.

Use? Look at your bills, enter the readings into a spreadsheet. Do a
bit of modeling/averaging.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 11:59:35 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you happen
to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.
--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 11:04:36 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

On 01/11/2013 10:41, The Nomad wrote:

Oh and just tried to change the tariff on line and after going through
the hoops it say "sorry can't change your tariff - contact us! no doubt
on a premium rate number!

/mode Grumpy Git

Lots of entries for EDF

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Ta, I'd (sort of) forgotten about them

Avpx

--
"I thought jet planes were just trucks with more wings and
less wheels."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm, well this all depends of course when they started the monitor for the
new amount does it not?
These computerised systems can be fooled so easily of course, as nobody
seems to check whether they make actual sense to the bloke or blokess on the
other end of them. I for example have their info sent to me by email, as
being blind I cannot read paper, but it seems that when the text is
generated by marketing instead of billing they revert to paper again.
Brian

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 13:05:45 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

[...]

Actually I owe THEM money, but a lot less than I did earlier. I'm using a lot less than I'm paying for, so the DD should be DEcreased.

As for refunding me when my account is already �100 owed to them.....

--
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is "Lunch."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 13:36:57 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:59:35 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you happen
to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.

There is no difference as the only DD energy companies do is monthly, the same amount every month.

The different one is like your phone bill, where your DD is different every month depending on how many calls you make.

--
Carpe Foxum: Seize the Babe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 13:43:01 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Hmm, well this all depends of course when they started the monitor for the
new amount does it not?

I gave up working out how they calculate it. My bill is 4 pages long.

These computerised systems can be fooled so easily of course, as nobody
seems to check whether they make actual sense to the bloke or blokess on the
other end of them. I for example have their info sent to me by email, as
being blind I cannot read paper, but it seems that when the text is
generated by marketing instead of billing they revert to paper again.
Brian

I have the opposite problem with credit cards. They keep changing me to email instead of paper, or worse, both, so I have to check whether I've received that bill already.

--
I spent a couple of hours defrosting the fridge last night, or "foreplay" as she likes to call it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message , at 11:59:35 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same
during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you
happen to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.

There is no difference as the only DD energy companies do is monthly,
the same amount every month.

Rubbish. Do try and get things right, even if you appear to live on
another planet. This is just not true. Companies offer quarterly direct
debit...

http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...-account/ways-
to-pay.shtml

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 1 November 2013 10:12:53 UTC, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 08:42:48 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Well, from what I can gather, they seem to be saying that through the warm

periods you are owed some money, b and will refund the overpay, but as the

cost has gone up and its the cold part of the year, based on what you were

paying before y ou need to pay more.

I agree its pretty daft in that they could just keep the overpay and put it

toward the cold higher priced bills, but I suspect they want to appear to be

being fair.

I'm waiting to see what happens to my bills when the Blue tarrif runs out.

Brian

The whole point of a direct debit scheme is I pay the same through the whole year. So cold and warm weather should be irrelevant.

I pay bt DD and that isn't my idea of how I pay, I expect to pay more if I use more, I don't want my bills averaged out over the year.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In message , at 11:59:35 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:

So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same
during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you
happen to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.

There is no difference as the only DD energy companies do is monthly,
the same amount every month.

Rubbish. Do try and get things right, even if you appear to live on
another planet. This is just not true. Companies offer quarterly direct
debit...

http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...-account/ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it. So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of having to change things or owe anybody anything?

--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:10:41 -0000, whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

I'd prefer just to pay what I use too, but unless your meter is read every month, that's impossible. I certainly don't want a bill every quarter.

--
Once you've seen one shopping centre, you've seen a mall.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...me/my-account/

ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it. So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of
having to change things or owe anybody anything?

Yes. Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It has existed for decades.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 13:47:01 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you happen
to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.

There is no difference as the only DD energy companies do is monthly, the same amount every month.

Incorrect. I have an energy DD that pays quarterly in arrears.

The different one is like your phone bill, where your DD is different
every month depending on how many calls you make.

And my energy company, repeat ENERGY COMPANY, does that (as well as my
phone company; I pay the water company six monthly in arrears by
cheque).
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

It isn't used by many, and I can't think why you would.

--
I was at an ATM yesterday when a little old lady asked if I could check her balance, so I pushed her over.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:11:16 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...-account/ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it.

I've been paying this way for years.

So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of having to change things

Indeed.

or owe anybody anything?

Well, you owe the energy company the three month bill for about a
fortnight, and pet peeve they only tell you how much they are going to
extract from your account about a week in advance.

But they are in good company, one of my charge cards just gave me only 5
days notice of the DD for this month's bill [last month's spending] (if
I was feeling generous I might assume the bill was delayed because of
the weather problems earlier in the week).
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:15:55 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
I'd prefer just to pay what I use too, but unless your meter is read every month, that's impossible.

I think several companies offer "self read" schemes that could also lead
to monthly billing.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:19:24 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...me/my-account/

ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it. So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of
having to change things or owe anybody anything?

Yes. Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It has existed for decades.

It isn't used by many, and I can't think why you would.

Because you get a discount (the energy company gets its money quickly
and reliably) and because you don't want the faff of having to mail them
a cheque.
--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:19:03 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 13:47:01 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
So they removed the whole point of direct debit, that you pay the same during colder months.

I think you mean "the whole point of a budget account" (which you happen
to pay by DD.

I pay by DD, but quarterly in arrears based on meter readings.

Even energy companies seem confused by the difference.

There is no difference as the only DD energy companies do is monthly, the same amount every month.

Incorrect. I have an energy DD that pays quarterly in arrears.

The different one is like your phone bill, where your DD is different
every month depending on how many calls you make.

And my energy company, repeat ENERGY COMPANY, does that (as well as my
phone company; I pay the water company six monthly in arrears by
cheque).

Surely that gives you uneven payments, as most people get their salary every month.

--
A Smith and Wesson beats four Aces.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 14:34:12 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
The different one is like your phone bill, where your DD is different
every month depending on how many calls you make.

And my energy company, repeat ENERGY COMPANY, does that (as well as my
phone company; I pay the water company six monthly in arrears by
cheque).

Surely that gives you uneven payments, as most people get their salary every month.

I'm self employed. Most other outgoings vary from month to month, so why
is energy special?
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

That may be so, but your sweeping statement is still very wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/11/13 10:56, John Rumm wrote:

It tends to go wrong when there is a big year on year change in degree
days[1] as there was last year and the year before where we moved from a
year that was 10% warmer than average to one that was 11% colder. Thus
creating a big swing in demand. You also upset the system if you make
changes to your usage for any reason (patterns of use, changes to
insulation, boiler etc)

This year right now electricl consumption is almost 10GW less than the
same time last year.

[1] You can find tables out there is you google - but its basically an
indication of how much heating is needed and on how many days.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 15:27:28 on
Fri, 1 Nov 2013, Tim Streater remarked:

I pay monthly in arrears by DD, which seems to be the cheapest method.

The same sum each month, or do you phone in readings?

They adjust the monthly payment up and down occasionally to bring it
into balance.

But not to exactly match each month's consumption?
--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message
news Can you understand this gas/electricity bill?

Having reviewed your account, we've noticed that you've paid for
more than you've used with your monthly payments of £74.00.
We'll refund £116.35 to your account on or around 5 Nov 13.

Based on our projections of your future usage at the price on your
tariff, we've flattened your payments with a new Direct Debit
amount at £80.00, starting on 16 Dec 13.

Is it just me or do those contradict each other? Am I using more or less?
Why am I now paying a bigger amount each month AND they're refunding me
money? What the ****?

It's because they're French.

mark

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:25:38 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:11:16 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...-account/ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it.

I've been paying this way for years.

So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of having to change things

Indeed.

or owe anybody anything?

Well, you owe the energy company the three month bill for about a
fortnight, and pet peeve they only tell you how much they are going to
extract from your account about a week in advance.

But they are in good company, one of my charge cards just gave me only 5
days notice of the DD for this month's bill [last month's spending] (if
I was feeling generous I might assume the bill was delayed because of
the weather problems earlier in the week).

My credit cards are set to minimum payment so I don't get frights.

Apart from the time they charged me 30 quid for not paying (because my current account sort code began with a zero and their system kept losing it). I gave them the sort code again, and they refunded the 30 quid, then they did it again the next month. On the third time I called them a bunch of ****ing incompetant retards, cut the card into two and returned it with a cheque for the whole balance.

--
Chaos will reign over order - it's easier to implement.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:31:54 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:15:55 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
I'd prefer just to pay what I use too, but unless your meter is read every month, that's impossible.

I think several companies offer "self read" schemes that could also lead
to monthly billing.

EDF allow me to read my meter whenever I want, and the bill adjusts accordingly. But it's still one of those flatten your payments throughout the year things.

--
Maybe the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence because that is where the leaky septic tank is buried.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:33:05 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:19:24 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
http://www.edfenergy.com/products-se...me/my-account/
ways-
to-pay.shtml

Never heard of it. So you simply pay exactly what you use, no chance of
having to change things or owe anybody anything?

Yes. Just because you've never heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
It has existed for decades.

It isn't used by many, and I can't think why you would.

Because you get a discount (the energy company gets its money quickly
and reliably) and because you don't want the faff of having to mail them
a cheque.

I get both of those things with the monthly one, plus I know exactly how much it will be.

--
Life is a sexually transmitted infection.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Nov 2013 14:39:28 -0000, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 14:34:12 on Fri, 1 Nov 2013,
Gefreiter Krueger remarked:
The different one is like your phone bill, where your DD is different
every month depending on how many calls you make.

And my energy company, repeat ENERGY COMPANY, does that (as well as my
phone company; I pay the water company six monthly in arrears by
cheque).

Surely that gives you uneven payments, as most people get their salary every month.

I'm self employed. Most other outgoings vary from month to month, so why
is energy special?

Because two zeros then a triple is a big variation.

--
Once upon a time, a Prince asked a beautiful Princess, Will you marry me? The Princess said; No!!! So the Prince lived happily ever after and rode Harley Davidson motorcycles and banged skinny long-legged big-titted broads and hunted and fished and raced cars and went to naked bars and dated women half his age and drank whiskey, beer and Captain Morgan and never heard bitching and never paid child support or alimony and banged cheerleaders and kept his house and guns and ate spam and potato chips and beans and blew enormous farts and never got cheated on while he was at work and all his friends and family thought he was freak'in cool as hell and he had tons of money in the bank and left the toilet seat up.
The end.