Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default AEG Santo fridge freeze question

Our old fridge freezer lives in the garage which isn't ideal for a single
stat device. I noticed today that there's a button at the top with a
picture of a square wave next to it and I got to wondering if this is some
sort of cold environment compensation device.

Of course is might just be for "quick freeze", "defrost" or some other
function but I can't get the manual from AEG/Electrolux at the moment.
(http://www.electrolux-ui.com/2000/222/200665en.pdf)

Anyone know what it does?

The model number is 3250-6KG and the PNC number is 925671667-02

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , timdownie2003
@obvious.yahoo.co.uk says...

Our old fridge freezer lives in the garage which isn't ideal for a single
stat device. I noticed today that there's a button at the top with a
picture of a square wave next to it and I got to wondering if this is some
sort of cold environment compensation device.

Of course is might just be for "quick freeze", "defrost" or some other
function but I can't get the manual from AEG/Electrolux at the moment.
(http://www.electrolux-ui.com/2000/222/200665en.pdf)

Anyone know what it does?

The model number is 3250-6KG and the PNC number is 925671667-02

Tim

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/447...ko-Santo-3250-
6kg.html?page=7#manual

Says

"2. Ambient switch

Temperature adjustment with ambient temperature below +16°C
When the ambient temperature in the room in which the appliance is situ-
ated is less than 16°C, the ambient switch (2) must be depressed. The
yellow pilot light (1) above the switch comes on. In this way, when the
ambient temperature is low, the compressor operates for longer periods
to ensure that the storage temperature of -18°C is maintained inside the
freezer compartment.
Important!
If the ambient temperature rises to above +16°C, de-activate the ambient
switch in order to avoid unnecessary energy consumption. The yellow
pilot light goes out."

--
Sam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sam Plusnet wrote:
In article , timdownie2003
@obvious.yahoo.co.uk says...

[...]

Thanks for that. Just couldn't seem to download a manual from other sites.
Just have to decide now whether to bother running it at all in this
weather. Freezer is empty at the mo.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Sam Plusnet writes:
"2. Ambient switch

Temperature adjustment with ambient temperature below +16°C
When the ambient temperature in the room in which the appliance is situ-
ated is less than 16°C, the ambient switch (2) must be depressed. The
yellow pilot light (1) above the switch comes on. In this way, when the
ambient temperature is low, the compressor operates for longer periods
to ensure that the storage temperature of -18°C is maintained inside the
freezer compartment.
Important!
If the ambient temperature rises to above +16°C, de-activate the ambient
switch in order to avoid unnecessary energy consumption. The yellow
pilot light goes out."

It's amazing they didn't think to use a thermostat to do that automatically.
It's not like they wouldn't know what a thermostat does, is it?

--
Andrew Gabriel

Freeze proof faucets that freeze [email protected] Home Repair 15 January 25th 13 03:56 AM
Question about a loud fridge [email protected] Home Repair 2 September 8th 08 10:52 PM
Fridge Question JayD Home Repair 8 August 1st 06 09:07 PM
fridge freezer question c&l UK diy 3 February 14th 05 05:33 PM
Yet another fridge question... keith UK diy 2 August 11th 03 09:55 PM