Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about a loud fridge

My fridge is in an open kitchen and the noise from the freezer section
is all over my home. I hung blankets over it but it does not help.

I can shut off the freezer section and the noise is gone but just for
a short while...

I can't afford a new one right now.

Does any of you guys have some experience with noise control?

Any other ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am not telling that you don't have major problem.
However open back on bottom of frig. if is covered and
check for mounting under compressor if got loose or if
rubber boot got worn out if that has happen find piece of
rubber and try find the place by jamming it under compressor
where rattling will stop or be reduced.
Tony

wrote in message
My fridge is in an open kitchen and the noise from the freezer section
is all over my home. I hung blankets over it but it does not help.

I can shut off the freezer section and the noise is gone but just for
a short while...

I can't afford a new one right now.

Does any of you guys have some experience with noise control?

Any other ideas?

Fridge filter question SteveB[_3_] Home Repair 13 December 25th 07 06:23 PM
Fridge Question JayD Home Repair 8 August 1st 06 10:07 PM
Fridge very loud when it comes on [email protected] Home Repair 2 June 7th 06 01:43 PM
loud, high-pitched fridge Emilia's Human Home Repair 6 November 28th 04 04:38 PM
Yet another fridge question... keith UK diy 2 August 11th 03 10:55 PM