keith

Default Yet another fridge question...

Since fridges are topical.....

Our single thermostat fridgefreezer was struggling to keep the fridge at
4degrees even before the hot weather, but now it's not coping properly at
all. Freezer is fine!

I get a coating of ice about 1.5cm thick on the back inside wall of the
fridge - so I have to hack it off every couple of months .

Is this proper - not sure if this is impiring performance or part of it -
or is it a clue to what's going wrong?

cheers

Brendan DJ Murphy

Is the door closing properly?
(check the magnetic seal all the way round)
It sounds like hot humid air is getting in and condensing/freezing on the
back of the fridge.

In this weather, its tempting to keep opening the door to see if its cold
yet ;-)
Resist that temptation !

Brendan

"keith" wrote in message
Since fridges are topical.....

Our single thermostat fridgefreezer was struggling to keep the fridge at
4degrees even before the hot weather, but now it's not coping properly at
all. Freezer is fine!

I get a coating of ice about 1.5cm thick on the back inside wall of the
fridge - so I have to hack it off every couple of months .

Is this proper - not sure if this is impiring performance or part of it -
or is it a clue to what's going wrong?

cheers

Abso

"Brendan DJ Murphy" wrote in message
Ooops, Absolutely the wrong forum. Sorry!

I thought that's one helluva fridge you've got. Now I'm disappointed. Ho
hum.

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - ignore header email address