Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to clean out an expanding foam gun?

I recently bought a "Bondit" branded gun for used with cans of expanding foam. It worked well, much better than the cans with straws.

It's the silver one here although I think they've for the description/product code mixed up with the black one:

http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/hea...onal-foam-gun/
http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/pro...ding-foam-gun/

I cleaned it out afterward with the appropriate aerosol can of cleaner attached -- kept the trigger pressed and waited until it was coming through clear -- but the second time I came to use it about a week later, it's just not working.

The trigger and the valve at the end of the barrel move freely, there's no obvious obstruction at the inlet valve and I've reattached the can of cleaner and tried to blast it through again, but it ain't having it.

What is the best way to get it working again or is it a binner? Can these thing she disassembled and cleaned successfully or is it full of ping****its that never fit back together again?

Any useful advice welcome. It was fun while it lasted…..

expanding foam Fred UK diy 6 August 8th 10 08:42 PM
expanding foam HELP Peter UK diy 11 June 24th 07 08:14 PM
Expanding Foam The Medway Handyman UK diy 12 September 19th 06 12:30 AM
Expanding Foam VisionSet UK diy 3 September 6th 06 09:16 PM
Expanding foam and UV Pecanfan UK diy 12 January 19th 05 10:21 PM