Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default How to clean out an expanding foam gun?

mike wrote:
I recently bought a "Bondit" branded gun for used with cans of
expanding foam. It worked well, much better than the cans with
straws.

It's the silver one here although I think they've for the
description/product code mixed up with the black one:

http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/hea...onal-foam-gun/
http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/pro...ding-foam-gun/

I cleaned it out afterward with the appropriate aerosol can of
cleaner attached -- kept the trigger pressed and waited until it was
coming through clear -- but the second time I came to use it about a
week later, it's just not working.

The trigger and the valve at the end of the barrel move freely,
there's no obvious obstruction at the inlet valve and I've reattached
the can of cleaner and tried to blast it through again, but it ain't
having it.

What is the best way to get it working again or is it a binner? Can
these thing she disassembled and cleaned successfully or is it full
of ping****its that never fit back together again?

Any useful advice welcome. It was fun while it lasted…..

I don't know how people manage to block foam guns with such regularity, I've
used one regularly for about 4 years that has never blocked and never been
cleaned with foam cleaner, I simply turn the valve off after each use so
that the trigger cannot be depressed.
A small amount of foam will leak out, about an inch or two long, this is
snapped off prior to next use, the valve opened slightly and away we go
again, that said, the can of foam is never removed from the gun until it's
completely empty, this is where your problem may be, the set foam could be
in the top of the can rather than the actual gun, although this doesn't
explain why the cleaner won't come through