Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to clean out an expanding foam gun?

On Saturday 02 November 2013 14:51 Phil L wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I don't know how people manage to block foam guns with such regularity,
I've used one regularly for about 4 years that has never blocked and never
been cleaned with foam cleaner, I simply turn the valve off after each use
so that the trigger cannot be depressed.

So do I.

You use yours every few days I assume?

I think the problem is with leaving it for a few months full but without
use.

A small amount of foam will leak out, about an inch or two long, this is
snapped off prior to next use, the valve opened slightly and away we go
again, that said, the can of foam is never removed from the gun until it's
completely empty, this is where your problem may be, the set foam could be
in the top of the can rather than the actual gun, although this doesn't
explain why the cleaner won't come through