Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tennessee State University Tennessee State University is offline

Default How to clean out an expanding foam gun?

On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 9:49:55 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi for anyone having trouble with foam guns seizing upOn Saturday, 2 November 2013 11:29:47 UTC, mike wrote:
I recently bought a "Bondit" branded gun for used with cans of expanding foam. It worked well, much better than the cans with straws.

It's the silver one here although I think they've for the description/product code mixed up with the black one:

http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/hea...onal-foam-gun/
http://www.bond-it.co.uk/product/pro...ding-foam-gun/

I cleaned it out afterward with the appropriate aerosol can of cleaner attached -- kept the trigger pressed and waited until it was coming through clear -- but the second time I came to use it about a week later, it's just not working.

The trigger and the valve at the end of the barrel move freely, there's no obvious obstruction at the inlet valve and I've reattached the can of cleaner and tried to blast it through again, but it ain't having it.

What is the best way to get it working again or is it a binner? Can these thing she disassembled and cleaned successfully or is it full of ping****its that never fit back together again?

Any useful advice welcome. It was fun while it lasted.....

[...]

Hi, if anyone is struggling with guns seizing up, I also bought a metal bodied bond it gun which failed after a few months. I had religiously cleaned it with gun cleaner but it gradually seized up. I then bought amore expensive gun from screwfix which is Italian and it clearly stated to NEVER remove from foam can which is what I have been doing for the last 3 yearswith no problems. You have to always keep a can on it though so when you come to use it after a few months for example, you scrape hardened foam off tip give it the necessery shake and you,re away!! All the best Jon

Hey Jonathan, what brand is the Italian one?