DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Speed awareness courses (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/363633-ot-speed-awareness-courses.html)

Adrian November 3rd 13 05:24 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:56:14 +0000, Graham. wrote:

It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before entering
a box junction when turning right.

I rather suspect attendance on an SAC would only reinforce my long-
standing belief in the need for regular re-testing of all drivers...

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 05:27 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 17:01:13 -0000, Roger Mills wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:42, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:40:48 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:

I do, and have had a clean license ever since.

Licence.

Silly pedant, they mean precisely the same.

No they don't - licence is a noun, license is a verb (this side of the
Pond, at any rate)

A subtle difference, distinguishable easily by context. Other words have the same spelling for each. "I run to the park." "A marathon run."

--
With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 05:28 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 17:03:12 -0000, Richard wrote:

"Gefreiter Krueger" wrote in message ...

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:36:57 -0000, bm wrote:

On 2013-11-03, Richard wrote:

[44 lines snipped]

He is, yes.

Thanks. I often wonder if he is sweetheart too.
Nah, sweetheart acts like a moron. The lootenant IS one.

Bum's definition of moron: "Someone who hold different views to myself."

Actually, in the great scheme of things, you are an idiot.
Calling you a moron is promoting you to a rank of intellectual superiority
which you will never achieve.

Richard's definition of moron: "Someone who hold different views to myself."

--
He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a dustcart reversing.

Tim Lamb[_2_] November 3rd 13 06:18 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

In message , Graham.
writes
On Sun, 3 Nov 2013 11:27:24 +0000 (UTC),
(Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

In article ,
Roger Mills writes:
On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Is there any point in attending these rather than paying the fine and
taking the points?

The original idea seemed to be that, by attending the course, you would
avoid the points - and any insurance implications.

But most insurance companies now want to know that you have attended the
course - so there's no longer any advantage, unless you're in danger of
being a "totter".

I've never been asked about having been on a course (but I haven't
been on a course anyway).

We were having a conversation at work about points (someone was on 9
points). The consensus was that for most insurance companies, 3 points
on a driving license which was previously clean for 20+ years didn't
impact premiums, but more than 3 points does, as does routinely
maintaining points on your license.

Define routinely?
Here is my record, still haven't got one of these photo licences
forced on me.

Huh! I've just got one. They sent back my passport kiosk photo. The next
one done manually at an opticians was, in my opinion, over exposed if
that is digitally possible and the licence print further whitens the end
result.

The consequence is that I could easily be taken for 90 plus:-(

No points yet though:-)

--
Tim Lamb

tony sayer November 3rd 13 06:19 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

In article , Adrian
scribeth thus
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:56:14 +0000, Graham. wrote:

It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before entering
a box junction when turning right.

I rather suspect attendance on an SAC would only reinforce my long-
standing belief in the need for regular re-testing of all drivers...

Too much sense in that and too few votes it'll attract so it
won't happen...

--
Tony Sayer

dennis@home November 3rd 13 06:25 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 06:35 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:25:55 -0000, dennis@home wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Safety is the only sensible reason. And I know what speed's safe without being told thankyou very much.

--
A waiter brings the customer the steak he ordered with his thumb over the meat.
"Are you crazy?" yelled the customer, "with your hand on my steak?"

John Williamson November 3rd 13 06:39 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

F wrote:

wrote:

I do, and have had a clean license ever since.

Licence.

Silly pedant, they mean precisely the same.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

No they don't.

Ooh! It's panto season. "He's behind you!!!"

You're right, the ex-lootenant is wrong, as is normal.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 06:42 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

charles wrote:
In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:19:04 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:15:52 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:09:14 -0000, Bob Eager
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!
It usually is.
You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits
Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg
And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.
I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

And a few fully lit stretches of road that I legally drove along at
60mph earlier today. Then the limit changed to 40, and the only visble
difference in the road was what the lootenant calls the label every half
mile.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

polygonum November 3rd 13 06:44 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 16:56, Graham. wrote:
It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before
entering a box junction when turning right.

What are the rules for the long strip boxes?

I look ahead, see the exit is clear with plenty of space for my vehicle,
but someone in the lane to the right, where there is no box, can hop
over a lane and block me from exiting the box. Seems to me that it
breaks the intent of boxes and leaves me vulnerable to being the prat in
the box - and possible legal sanction. So far, I have managed to avoid
this by being extra-careful, but someday it is bound to occur.

--
Rod

John Williamson November 3rd 13 06:44 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of
dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

That's a number, and less likely to be misread.

And you don't have to read the label, unless the satnav makes a noise to
warn you it's got a camera.

Unless it's a scamera van,in which case you need a radar detector as
well, and a laser detector, too in case PC99 is lurking behind a bush.

Keep going, with any luck, you'll have your 12 points soon enough....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 06:46 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:01:14 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 10:47 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:45:37 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:41:46 -0000, ARW

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Good grief, he got something right!!!!!!

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 06:47 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Silly pedant, they mean precisely the same.

No they don't.

Yes they do.

No they don't.

Ooh! It's panto season. "He's behind you!!!"

You're right, the ex-lootenant is wrong, as is normal.

No, I'm just less fussy.

--
Can you be a closet claustrophobic?

John Williamson November 3rd 13 06:48 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

charles wrote:
Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the lower limits

If you take all the single carriageway roads in the country, over 50% of
the mileage has a 60mph limit. The maximum *safe* speed on them, on the
other hand....

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 06:48 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg
And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.
I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

And a few fully lit stretches of road that I legally drove along at
60mph earlier today. Then the limit changed to 40, and the only visble
difference in the road was what the lootenant calls the label every half
mile.

You should live in a nicer area.

--
New here? Pull up a chair and we'll plug you in.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 06:48 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

You ignorant idiot. What on earth makes you think the scamera vans aren't marked on the satnav too?

--
New here? Pull up a chair and we'll plug you in.

Tim+[_2_] November 3rd 13 06:50 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

Graham. wrote:
On Sat, 2 Nov 2013 18:00:57 +0000 (UTC), Adrian
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:41:46 +0000, ARW wrote:

I find the bit about it not altering the way you drive interesting. I
know several people who have attended the course. One of them came back
with the statement "if there are streetlights then it IS a 30MPH limit
end of". Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

I just wonder if a lot of it is dumbed down.

No, the dumbing-down was probably only the attendees themselves,
remembering selectively.

That's true. We had a discussion about the trend of road deaths since
the mid '60 to reduce year on year from 6,000 to 2,000

It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before
entering a box junction when turning right.

To be fair, it's a very poorly worded section of the HC and it's little
wonder people are unsure about it.

"You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However,
you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only
stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to
turn right."

I think most people "play safe" by assuming the the first sentence applies
to all situations.

Tim

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 06:51 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:46:14 -0000, John Williamson wrote:

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:01:14 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 10:47 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:45:37 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Good grief, he got something right!!!!!!

Then what was the problem in the OP?

--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 07:10 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

My satnav marks sites where they have been known to lurk in the past.
That doesn't mean that there's one there now *or* that it hasn't found a
new site just round the next bend. I got so many false positives, I've
disabled the option. I also got many, many failures to warn me...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 07:12 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

I use the pocketgpsworld database and it only missed one once in the several years I've had it. I reported it to them and got a year's free subscription. I think it's 19 quid a year.

--
ADULT: A person who has stopped growing at both ends and is now growing in the middle.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 07:21 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:01:14 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 10:47 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:45:37 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Good grief, he got something right!!!!!!

Then what was the problem in the OP?

The post at the head if the thread (AKA the OP) says that the poster was
doing 37mph in a 30mph limit, and knew that he'd been caught. If he was
doing the speed he claims (Speed limit +10% + 2mph) and he's not been
caught before, most police forces have a policy of offering a speed
awareness course instead of a fine and penalty points. The cost is about
the same, but it doesn't give you a criminal record, which can be an
advantage in some lines of employment. If you earn your living by
driving, on occasion they will offer you another course after the second
time you're caught. After the third one, it's very rare to not get the
points and the fine.

Since that post, you have incorrectly claimed and later withdrawn the
claim that dual carriageways are mostly limited to 60mph.

You have now correctly stated that most single carriageway roads are
limited to 60mph. Congratulations, it's not often you get something right.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 07:28 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
[...]

I've never heard of anyone around here (Scotland) getting done for under 40. You just get told off on the spot.

Since that post, you have incorrectly claimed and later withdrawn the
claim that dual carriageways are mostly limited to 60mph.

I misread it. And presumably so did the person who said it after doing he course. Easy enough to get them mixed up in conversation as they both contain the word carriageway.

You have now correctly stated that most single carriageway roads are
limited to 60mph. Congratulations, it's not often you get something right.

I'm always right, it's just that a lot of you don't agree.

--
Is a booby trap only dangerous for women?

Adrian C November 3rd 13 07:34 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Safety is the only sensible reason. And I know what speed's safe
without being told thankyou very much.

If you run into a brick wall at over fifteen miles an hour you won't be
crying for your mum.

--
Adrian C

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 07:45 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Safety is the only sensible reason. And I know what speed's safe
without being told thankyou very much.

If you run into a brick wall at over fifteen miles an hour you won't be
crying for your mum.

I've never encountered a brick wall in the middle of a road. Why would someone build one there?

And actually they did that on top gear at 30.

--
Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle age.

Adrian November 3rd 13 08:07 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:25:55 +0000, dennis@home wrote:

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.

No, safety is the only one. Of course, the safety in question is not only
that of car occupants, but that of pedestrians and people using other
modes of transport.

Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

When the default urban limit hits the 80th anniversary and the default
dual-carriageway limit the 40th anniversary next year, followed by the
the default extra-urban limit the 50th anniversary in 2015 - without any
review at all in that time, despite massively different road conditions -
it's kinda difficult sometimes to agree with that argument.

ESPECIALLY when so many roads are having politically lowered limits,
apparently shotgun-style.

charles November 3rd 13 08:09 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

They move

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 08:26 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

They use good vantage points, which are all known. Also, despite being called scamera vans, their main aim is to slow people down at dangerous places. So that's where they sit. Often they even warn you they're there. There is one in Perth where the police actually put a sign half a mile back saying "Police Camera Ahead".

--
Peter is listening to Psy - Gangnam style

Adrian November 3rd 13 08:40 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 18:50:18 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

It was surprising how much some of the group did not know, for example
it was commonly believed that your exit had to be clear before entering
a box junction when turning right.

To be fair, it's a very poorly worded section of the HC and it's little
wonder people are unsure about it.

"You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear.
However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right,
and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other
vehicles waiting to turn right."

Seems clear enough.

I think most people "play safe" by assuming the the first sentence
applies to all situations.

I have a horrible suspicion many of our fellow road users just go "Oooh.
Yellow box. Pretty. Wonder what it means?", then stop and stare at it,
with some then trying to chew it gently.

Apellation Controlee November 3rd 13 08:43 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:53:36 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:45:11 -0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:27:54 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:19:07 -0000, ARW wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/11/13 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I
knew on Thursday that I had been caught.

do what I did: ignore it. (similar speeds: I THOUGHT it was a 40...)

They said 'you will be reported to the police'

I may have well been, but the police didn't act.

In reality they make no money from reporting you to the police, so
they don't bother.

********. I had a trip to S****horpe magistrates last year for "ignoring" a
NIP. I actually never received it as it was posted next door and no-one was
living there at the time. I got the failure to supply the drivers details
(that a 6 pointer) dropped and got away with a £65 for speeding (plus £40
costs and £15 victim surcharge)

Don't they make you sign for the letter?

They go on the principle that the act of posting is proof of delivery.

****wits. Do they think the Royal Mail is infallible?

Apparently. Some years ago I found that a warrant had been issued for
my arrest because I had failed to answer a summons for a traffic
matter.
We had moved house soon after the incident in question occurred but,
although my driving licence and the vehicle reg doc had been updated,
the police were unable to find me when they sprang into action six
months after the event.
The mail redirection arrangement had expired, so communications from
the police went unanswered.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 08:48 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

[...]

I guess I can understand that. They probably just looked at the address on file for you when you were originally summoned.

--
I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves.

Apellation Controlee November 3rd 13 08:56 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:15:04 +0000, Graham. wrote:

----------------8
I don't know if they were the same two guys that I had, I think they
were both ADIs, they were very personable as long as your attitude was
correct. Attitude of the group was good, but I guess once in a while
they get someone problematic.

One useful piece of knowledge I did come away with was that my
photo-ID licence was just a few months from needing replacement. Until
then I wasn't aware that they had a lifespan.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 08:59 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

Apellation Controlee wrote:
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 16:15:04 +0000, Graham. wrote:

----------------8
I don't know if they were the same two guys that I had, I think they
were both ADIs, they were very personable as long as your attitude was
correct. Attitude of the group was good, but I guess once in a while
they get someone problematic.

One useful piece of knowledge I did come away with was that my
photo-ID licence was just a few months from needing replacement. Until
then I wasn't aware that they had a lifespan.

A lot of people have been caught out that way this year. All the
transport companies I'm aware of have been sticking memos up telling all
driver to check the expiry date of the picture.

The annoying thing is that DVLA charge you a fee for issuing one with
the new picture on it, even if nothing else has changed.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Apellation Controlee November 3rd 13 09:04 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:48:01 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:43:09 -0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

----------------8
Apparently. Some years ago I found that a warrant had been issued for
my arrest because I had failed to answer a summons for a traffic
matter.
We had moved house soon after the incident in question occurred but,
although my driving licence and the vehicle reg doc had been updated,
the police were unable to find me when they sprang into action six
months after the event.
The mail redirection arrangement had expired, so communications from
the police went unanswered.

I guess I can understand that. They probably just looked at the address on file for you when you were originally summoned.

Doesn't quite square with being unable to find me, which was what was
claimed.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 09:21 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:43:09 -0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

----------------8
Apparently. Some years ago I found that a warrant had been issued for
my arrest because I had failed to answer a summons for a traffic
matter.
We had moved house soon after the incident in question occurred but,
although my driving licence and the vehicle reg doc had been updated,
the police were unable to find me when they sprang into action six
months after the event.
The mail redirection arrangement had expired, so communications from
the police went unanswered.

I guess I can understand that. They probably just looked at the address on file for you when you were originally summoned.

Doesn't quite square with being unable to find me, which was what was
claimed.

Ah well yes. Perhaps they should have checked more thoroughly at that point. Although why would they think you'd moved?

--
Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.
Wide working voltage: you will not be worried when you go all over Europe carrying it.
You could fix the sensor with two screws on the junction box in circular one, also fix it with special installation shelf.
In a word, whether the junction box installation orientation is true, it makes the installation flatly.
The lamp will be on automatically when you knock at the door or say "I am coming back".
It will make your home warmer and more romantic.
Penetrate the setscrew into installation hole, block on radiator to aim at the installation hole on connection box.
Let electrician or experienced human install it.
The unrest objects can't be regarded as the installation basis-face.
Don't open the case for your safety if you find the hitch after installation.
If there is any difference between instruction and products, please give priority to product, sorry not to inform you again.

dennis@home November 3rd 13 09:25 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Safety is the only sensible reason. And I know what speed's safe
without being told thankyou very much.

So you think its OK to annoy people by driving past their homes at 90
mph and making several orders of magnitude more noise than at 30 mph.
That just shows how stupid you are.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 09:26 PM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:30, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

The law is nothing about safety though.

There are many reasons for a speed limit and safety may be one of them.
Just because you think it shouldn't be that speed limit doesn't mean
there are no good reasons for it to be there.

Safety is the only sensible reason. And I know what speed's safe
without being told thankyou very much.

So you think its OK to annoy people by driving past their homes at 90
mph and making several orders of magnitude more noise than at 30 mph.
That just shows how stupid you are.

It gets me to my destination three times quicker, and the noise is made for a third of the time.

--
Mrs. Morse: "Sam, stop tapping your fingers on the table, it's driving me crazy!"