DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT Speed awareness courses (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/363633-ot-speed-awareness-courses.html)

Apellation Controlee November 3rd 13 09:47 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:29:35 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:22:06 -0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:04:14 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Went on one a couple of weeks ago. 23 of us hardened criminals, mostly
middle aged, fair few OAP's.

First thing is - unless you toe the line & nod in all the right places -
you fail the course. Second thing, they won't discuss the rights &
wrongs of cameras or limits - it's a taboo subject. Think of 1984.

You get tea & biscuits, 2 fag breaks, a free pen & copy of the highway
code - and patronised for 4 hours.

Basically a load of old ********.

I should think I can match you for cynicism but, in the interests of
balance, this wasn't my experience last year in Preston.
It was a relaxed, good-humoured session and we were encouraged to
discuss the issues. In return we got explanations of why roads are
marked the way they are (e.g. why some bends have conspicuous markings
and some don't), speed limit policies, camera positioning, & so on,
and the bottom line that, whatever we think of it, it's the law so we
have to live with it.
I don't think it's altered how I drive but it was a pleasant enough
half-day and there wasn't a suggestion of censure in the attitude of
the presenters..

Oh dear. You have hereby been brainwashed. Seek psychiatric help immediately.

I might just do that, but not for my driving.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 09:53 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:45:11 -0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:27:54 -0000, "Gefreiter Krueger"
wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 15:19:07 -0000, ARW wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/11/13 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I
knew on Thursday that I had been caught.

do what I did: ignore it. (similar speeds: I THOUGHT it was a 40...)

They said 'you will be reported to the police'

I may have well been, but the police didn't act.

In reality they make no money from reporting you to the police, so
they don't bother.

********. I had a trip to S****horpe magistrates last year for "ignoring" a
NIP. I actually never received it as it was posted next door and no-one was
living there at the time. I got the failure to supply the drivers details
(that a 6 pointer) dropped and got away with a £65 for speeding (plus £40
costs and £15 victim surcharge)

Don't they make you sign for the letter?

They go on the principle that the act of posting is proof of delivery.

****wits. Do they think the Royal Mail is infallible?

--
Earth is 98% full, please delete anyone you can.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 09:53 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
[...]

A bit cuckoo are you?

--
A scientist from Texas A&M University has invented a bra that keeps women's breasts from jiggling and prevents the nipples from pushing through the fabric when cold weather sets in.
At a news conference announcing the invention, the scientist was taken outside by a group of cowboys, who then proceeded to kick the **** out of him.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 09:54 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 14:38:57 -0000, Roger Mills
wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I
knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Is there any point in attending these rather than paying the fine and
taking the points?

The original idea seemed to be that, by attending the course, you would
avoid the points - and any insurance implications.

But most insurance companies now want to know that you have attended the
course - so there's no longer any advantage, unless you're in danger of
being a "totter".

Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others didn't
check :-)

No,they just didn't ask you. They checked your details with the DVLA.
They also checked whether you'd ever made a claim or declared a stolen
vehicle, using the insurance industry database without telling you.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

John Williamson November 3rd 13 09:56 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I

knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Is there any point in attending these rather than paying the fine and
taking the points?

The original idea seemed to be that, by attending the course, you would
avoid the points - and any insurance implications.

But most insurance companies now want to know that you have attended

the
course - so there's no longer any advantage, unless you're in danger of
being a "totter".

Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others
didn't check :-)

I think you may be obliged by law to tell them, not sure tho. In any
case, it would provide an excuse for them to invalidate your insurance.
What does their small print say?

Usually something along the lines of "If you fail to tell us about
*anything*, or change your address or any other detail, we'll cancel
your insurance."

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:00 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

Bull****. Or my premium would have increased and/or I would have had a nasty letter.

--
"If hooking up one rag-head terrorist's testicles to a car battery gets the truth out of the lying little camel
shagger to save just one Scottish soldiers life, then I have only three things to say: Red is positive, Black is

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:01 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
[...]

I'd just say I forgot, although they never noticed.

--
COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED. Also 1 gay bull for sale.

Bob Eager[_3_] November 3rd 13 10:09 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Richard[_10_] November 3rd 13 10:14 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
[...]

Are you the dick who used to post as Lieutenant Scott?

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:15 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:09:14 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above. But you get the idea.

--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

Bob Eager[_3_] November 3rd 13 10:19 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:15:52 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:09:14 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:19 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
[...]

One of those is correct.

Back to what I said. Why do you think it would be unlikely for someone to forget? Especially if you got the points halfway through your insurance year. Who's going to remember to phone them up? You'd be too busy cursing at the fine.

--
"When one engine fails on a twin-engine aeroplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."

The Medway Handyman November 3rd 13 10:24 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 02/11/2013 11:38, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Adrian C
scribeth thus
On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Ah, you too?

They nab folks in for doing an accurate 34 to 38, stick yer in a
classroom and subject ye to a lighthearted powerpoint presention. If
above 38, you wouldn't have been offered the course, just the fine/points.

Very good course though, and the entertaining presentation here in
hertfordshire was a bit like going to the comedy club down the local pub
but without the alcohol.

Me watching the speedo and road signs like a hawk.

They advised my missus, 35 in a 30 zone, to drive around in Third gear
all the time;!..

Same on my course.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:32 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:19:04 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:15:52 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:09:14 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You can't misread it.

--
WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE.
Worn once by mistake.

charles November 3rd 13 10:34 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Tim Lamb[_2_] November 3rd 13 10:40 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

In message , The Medway Handyman
writes
They advised my missus, 35 in a 30 zone, to drive around in Third gear
all the time;!..

Same on my course.

We had this discussion.... I actually do use third for most *built up
area* 30mph limit driving. A five speed gearbox in a relatively small
engined car. Well inside the torque range if you need to accelerate and
enough engine braking to not speed up on downhill stretches.

--
Tim Lamb

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:41 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Jesus Christ. Let me draw you a picture.
http://www.petersphotos.com/temp/speed.jpg

And that picture proves that you made a WRONG statement. Again.

The website clearly states a single carriageway is 60mph.

Ok, so I misread dual in the post above.

I hate to think how many mistakes you make on the road.

On a road you see the road, not a label telling you what it is. You
can't misread it.

Sometimes you have to read the label, too. there's a mile stretch of dual
carriageway near here which has 50mph signs posted.

That's a number, and less likely to be misread.

And you don't have to read the label, unless the satnav makes a noise to warn you it's got a camera.

--
A man comes out of a shopping mall to find that the side of his parked car is rammed in.
Seeing a note under the windshield, he read it.

Tim Lamb[_2_] November 3rd 13 10:42 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

It was some years after the change before I realised:-( Blame it on poor
publicity?

--
Tim Lamb

F[_2_] November 3rd 13 10:45 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sat, 02 Nov 2013 16:41:46 -0000, ARW
wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:47 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:42:57 -0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

In message , Bob Eager
writes
On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:33:07 +0000, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

You really love making sweeping, WRONG statements, don't you?

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

It was some years after the change before I realised:-( Blame it on poor
publicity?

Did they used to be 60? You mean the government INCREASED a limit? I find that hard to believe, they're all tending towards zero at the moment.

--
The female gangbang world record is held by Lisa Sparks who had sex with 919 men on October 16, 2004 in Warsaw, Poland as part of the Third Annual World Gangbang Championship and Eroticon 2004

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:47 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

--
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me. -- Emo Philips

Vir Campestris November 3rd 13 10:52 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 09:42, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Silly pedant, they mean precisely the same.

In English (not American) they don't. License is a verb; licence a noun.
But then American doesn't distinguish between insure (which is what you
do to reduce the cost of an accident) and ensure (which is what you do
to make sure it doesn't happen)

Andy

Vir Campestris November 3rd 13 10:53 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 09:28, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others didn't
check :-)

They probably won't bother to check until you claim. At which point
you'll find "driving without insurance" added to the charge list.

Andy

gremlin_95[_3_] November 3rd 13 10:53 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 02/11/2013 16:41, ARW wrote:
Apellation Controlee wrote:
I don't think it's altered how I drive but it was a pleasant enough
half-day and there wasn't a suggestion of censure in the attitude of
the presenters..

I find the bit about it not altering the way you drive interesting. I know
several people who have attended the course. One of them came back with the
statement "if there are streetlights then it IS a 30MPH limit end of".
Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

I just wonder if a lot of it is dumbed down. I always know the speed limit,
I just choose to ignore it where conditions allow. In fact on housing
estates I always do 20mph even if the limit is 30.

And not one person I know that has attended a course has said that it was
patronising or a waste of time.

My Brother attended a course not so long ago, when asked what they
learnt at the end of the session, someone said they learnt 'not to get
caught' again :)

--
David

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:58 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:53:04 -0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:28, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others didn't
check :-)

They probably won't bother to check until you claim. At which point
you'll find "driving without insurance" added to the charge list.

Incorrect. About three claims have been made against me while I had points but didn't tell them.

--
A Jewish woman is sitting at a bar. A man approaches her.
"Hi, honey," he says. "Want a little company?"

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 10:59 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:53:04 -0000, Vir Campestris wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:28, Gefreiter Krueger wrote:
Half of my insurance companies never asked for points, the others didn't
check :-)

They probably won't bother to check until you claim. At which point
you'll find "driving without insurance" added to the charge list.

If that were true, people would be being punished for being forgetful.

--
Please tell your pants it's not polite to point.

F[_2_] November 3rd 13 11:01 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 11:04 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

--
Some "chinese english" instructions (with software for a camera card). This is the contents of a file named "English installs the elucidation.doc", quoted in its entirety:

The high regard's customer:
How are you!
Thank youing can use the pico product of my company, and please press below the operation order install, and thank!
A,The software installs in proper order
1, install the good WIN2000 system;
2, open the software light the dish;
3, double click the SETUP.EXE
4, the model number of the choice gearing
a)PICO2000_104( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 4 roads see the frequency signal the importation
b)PICO2000_208( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 8 roads see the frequency signal the importation
c)PICO2000_416( PALApplication) this model number can at most support 16 roads see the frequency signal the importation
5, after finishing installing, three documents that light patch in the dish the catalogue descend: The msdxm.ocx, odbc32.dll, odbcint.dll beat arrives the c:\ windows\ system inside.
6, square version of usage hero , please double click the light the English Pack in the dish the document.
7, the copy resemble the regulating of appearance tone must install the VideoSetup software to proceed to regulate, install the procedure under the light dish root the catalogue VideoSetup the blank page clip setup.exe.
Plank card gearing
1.Insert the plank card arrive the main plank PCI the slot;
2.Start the calculator, and the auto install the plank card the drive to move the procedure( position:Light dish driver catalogue bottom)
Change the compression method
Beginning the ? circulate the ? the importation the " REGEDIT", and make sure the ?? enter the registration watch the editor, and open the HKEY ? CURRENT ? the USER\ software\ univision Canada Linited\ the pico2000 double click the " CODEC" can is worth this key to change to" MP42" or" IV50"
Note:
MP42 the MPEG4 compress the way (suggestion adoption MPEG4 compress way, should compress the way the compression the rate to is high)
IV50 the INDEO compress the way

charles November 3rd 13 11:07 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Single carriageways without a lower limit posted are 60mph. Round here they
are generally 50mph or even 40mph - but that's Surrey Highways for you.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 11:15 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:07:37 -0000, charles wrote:

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Single carriageways without a lower limit posted are 60mph. Round here they
are generally 50mph or even 40mph - but that's Surrey Highways for you.

It's more countrysideish round here, so most don't have lower limits until you're in a built up area. Or roadworks. We mustn't endanger all those traffic cones after all.

--
Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.

Andrew Gabriel November 3rd 13 11:17 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 02/11/13 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I
knew on Thursday that I had been caught.

do what I did: ignore it. (similar speeds: I THOUGHT it was a 40...)

They said 'you will be reported to the police'

I may have well been, but the police didn't act.

In reality they make no money from reporting you to the police, so
they don't bother.

********. I had a trip to S****horpe magistrates last year for "ignoring" a
NIP. I actually never received it as it was posted next door and no-one was
living there at the time. I got the failure to supply the drivers details

How did you find out what happened to it, and was that before
or after the court hearing?

(that a 6 pointer) dropped and got away with a =A365 for speeding (plus =A340
costs and =A315 victim surcharge)

Don't they make you sign for the letter?

Very deliberately not, because then you could refuse it.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 11:23 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:17:10 -0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

On 02/11/13 09:25, ARW wrote:
[...]

What???

--
You need only two tools in life. WD-40 and duck tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.

Andrew Gabriel November 3rd 13 11:27 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

In article ,
Roger Mills writes:
On 02/11/2013 09:25, ARW wrote:
It looks like I will now get my wish to see what they are like:-)

The postie has just dropped off my NIP for doing 37 in a 30 zone. I knew on
Thursday that I had been caught.

Is there any point in attending these rather than paying the fine and
taking the points?

The original idea seemed to be that, by attending the course, you would
avoid the points - and any insurance implications.

But most insurance companies now want to know that you have attended the
course - so there's no longer any advantage, unless you're in danger of
being a "totter".

I've never been asked about having been on a course (but I haven't
been on a course anyway).

We were having a conversation at work about points (someone was on 9
points). The consensus was that for most insurance companies, 3 points
on a driving license which was previously clean for 20+ years didn't
impact premiums, but more than 3 points does, as does routinely
maintaining points on your license.

--
Andrew Gabriel

F[_2_] November 3rd 13 11:31 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 03/11/2013 09:42 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 09:40:48 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Gefreiter Krueger
wrote:

I do, and have had a clean license ever since.

Licence.

Silly pedant, they mean precisely the same.

No they don't.

F[_2_] November 3rd 13 11:33 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

The reference was to dual carriageways.

And please fix your over long sig.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 11:37 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

Yes they do. ****wit pedant OCD moron.

--
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (45 letters, a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust) is the longest word in the English language, beating TETRAMETHYLDIAMINOBENZHYDRYLPHOSPHINOUS ACID, HEPATICOCHOLANGIOCHOLECYSTENTEROSTOMIES, FORMALDEHYDETETRAMETHYLAMIDOFLUORIMUM, and DIMETHYLAMIDOPHENYLDIMETHYLPYRAZOLONE.

Gefreiter Krueger November 3rd 13 11:38 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:33:22 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 11:04 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 11:01:14 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 10:47 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 10:45:37 -0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

On 03/11/2013 09:33 Gefreiter Krueger wrote:

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

The reference was to dual carriageways.

I misread it, moron.

And please fix your over long sig.

It's random and will be any length I want it to be.

--
Excuse me, are you reading that paper you're sitting on?

Bob Eager[_3_] November 3rd 13 11:51 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is 60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

(sigh) but you said 'dual'. We know that single carriageways can be 60mph.

Michael Chare[_2_] November 3rd 13 11:51 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

On 02/11/2013 15:22, Apellation Controlee wrote:

(e.g. why some bends have conspicuous markings
and some don't),

Possible the most useful warning sign. I always try to pay attention to
those.

--
Michael Chare

charles November 3rd 13 11:54 AM

OT Speed awareness courses

wrote:

Another announced that the speed limit on a dual carriage is
60MPH!

It usually is.

It's not.

Read the other posts before replying.

It's still not usually 60mph.

Most single carriageways are 60.

Single carriageways without a lower limit posted are 60mph. Round here
they are generally 50mph or even 40mph - but that's Surrey Highways for
you.

It's more countrysideish round here, so most don't have lower limits
until you're in a built up area. Or roadworks. We mustn't endanger all
those traffic cones after all.

Here, it's the countryside - narrow lanes, etc, - that have the lower limits

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18