Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Drayton Digistat SCR receiver problems

Hi all

My heating has packed up tonight and it looks like it's the SCR receiver that's at fault. There are no lights showing on it and am getting no repsonse when I change the temp on the wireless thermostat. I've taken the SCR off of it's wall mount and confirmed that there is 240v across the N and L

Am I safe to assume that it is the unit that is at fault ie if there is power there should the red led light up when the unit is mounted or do I need to test the other 3 terminals as well (if so how)

Any ideas what the fault could be, I've seen plenty of posts about having a green light with no action because of a faulty capacitor but nothing where the units doesn't light up at all

Lastly if I do need a nw receiver where is the cheapest place to get them or is there a non branded equivalent I could use

Many Thanks

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:08:20 PM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Have you tried power cycling?

Have you checked the battery in remote stat?

Have you tried re-pairing the two?

Have you tried moveing the remote stat closer to the receiver?

--

Regards,

Harry (M1BYT) (L)

http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I've already tried killing the power to the receiver and removed the batteries in the stat (a RF3 by the way)

But problem is that the receiver will not power up so can't re-pair the 2

Cheers

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

submitted this idea :
On Thursday, October 24, 2013 7:08:20 PM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Have you tried power cycling?

Have you checked the battery in remote stat?

Have you tried re-pairing the two?

Have you tried moveing the remote stat closer to the receiver?

--

Regards,

Harry (M1BYT) (L)

http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

I've already tried killing the power to the receiver and removed the
batteries in the stat (a RF3 by the way)

But problem is that the receiver will not power up so can't re-pair the 2

Cheers

Jim

Sorry, I cannot really help beyond that, I have no experience of the
unit.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Jim

Did you resolve the problem you had with the Digistat SCR?
I have no lights, but power is present at rear of SCR unit

Same issue as you I think.

Did you work out how to fix it?

Geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to jmileman , southpaw7 wrote:
jmileman wrote:

[...]

Turn the boiler off at the switch and then while holding down both buttons
on the receiver switch the boiler back on.

Read mo
http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/di...#ixzz3zDxCWx4E

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had this problem and it was the capacitor mentioned in many posts and on YouTube. Replacement caps are available on eBay and easy to fit if you can solder. Search eBay for digistat capacitor, they are around £4, or around £15 if you want them fitted for you.
John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Did exactly has southpaw7 said..worked a treat..saving me loads of money ..also saved me from looking a complete idiot..cheers
Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to southpaw7, Doug Bonnar wrote:
This worked perfectly on coldest day of the year ... thanks southpaw7

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to jmileman, Ozzy wrote:
Dear Mr Jim

If your boiler's Digisat SCR wireless receiver is not receiving signal it
means there is miscomunicatin between thermostat and receiver they both do not
communicate.

Best thing to do

First switch off boiler from main socket and wait for 5 minutes

And then turn on the socket then this will resolve your issue.

Many thanks

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Ozzy, Bob wrote:
He's probably sorted it in the last four years.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to southpaw7, Susan wrote:
Hello southpaw7, just came across this thread today, I'm freezing cold with no
heating for hours and have just tried this tip and it worked!! Thank you soooo
much.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Harry Bloomfield, Richard wrote:
How do you repair the two

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to southpaw7, RaeJayy wrote:
we need a southpaw7 appreciation day! just done this and it worked!! thank you!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to southpaw7, Roger wrote:
Tried the advice of southpaw7 - it worked first time! Many, many thanks
southpaw7

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to southpaw7, toja wrote:
"http://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/digistat-receiver-scr-not-working-stopped-working.452609/#ixzz3zDxCWx4E"
that has worked even with my old wr1 and a boiler. I have switched of the fuse
of the boiler off for 5 minutes. Then turn it on and run quickly to press the
top 2 buttons for 15 seconds. My heating worked shortly after! THANKS!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Southpaw7, Topman... Thank you...it worked straight away... No waiting.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ms-930270-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/01/2021 16:01, jay wrote:
Southpaw7, Topman... Thank you...it worked straight away... No waiting.

You are welcome to post here, but please read the following before
replying to a 7 year old post:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Home_owners_hub

Drayton Digistat RF1 HRD UK diy 10 December 16th 12 10:16 PM
Drayton Digistat +2 vs. +3 Vortex5 UK diy 24 January 25th 10 07:34 PM
Drayton Digistat [email protected] UK diy 1 November 5th 06 06:57 PM
Drayton Digistat SCR and RF3 problem Peter UK diy 2 January 18th 05 05:58 PM
Drayton digistat 2 mike ring UK diy 2 October 26th 04 10:51 PM