Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Calling all font experts...

Rather rough dial from a 1940's compression tester:

http://www.patooie.com/temp/dial.jpg

I figure I'll re-make it in Inkscape, but does anyone have a clue as to
what fonts were used (or close modern equivalents)? I started looking at
the numbers first as I figured that would be quite simple, but nothing I
have installed already has a zero that's as narrow or slab-sided as the
originals. The "Weidenhoff compression tester" text is pretty
distinctive, of course.

I cleaned up the mechanism and it seems basically sound (there's a seal
gone bad in the release valve, so it doesn't hold a reading right now),
and it came with a metal case and loads of brass adapters - must have
been worth quite a bit when it was new, but it's obviously been left in a
damp environment for many years.

cheers

Jules