Gilles Chiasson

Default Scroll saw font

I need a nice bold scroll saw (stencil) font for a project (mailbox):
I need the word POSTE. I hate to have to pay $10 for a couple of
letters. Does anyone know where that could be available for free.
TIA
Gil
Pounds on Wood

"Gilles Chiasson" wrote in message
I need a nice bold scroll saw (stencil) font for a project (mailbox):
I need the word POSTE. I hate to have to pay $10 for a couple of
letters. Does anyone know where that could be available for free.
TIA
Gil

Got a computer? Got a printer?

--
********
Bill Pounds

Bill Davis Jr

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:38:32 -0700, "Pounds on Wood"
wrote:

"Gilles Chiasson" wrote in message
.. .
I need a nice bold scroll saw (stencil) font for a project (mailbox):
I need the word POSTE. I hate to have to pay $10 for a couple of
letters. Does anyone know where that could be available for free.
TIA
Gil

Got a computer? Got a printer?

If you use something like MS Word or MS Works. When choosing a font
for scroll sawing choose Outline. In Word you would select the Font
and type size, then go to Format - Font, then check Outline in
Effects.

Bill
Gilles Chiasson

I have looked at many fonts, and I thank you for the Format Outline (I
didn't know that).
I like the font in the plan for a mailbox, the one from Wood Mag. I
will try to include a photo of that plan. I need to have a French
version: POSTE of that same font.

Gil

wrote:

"Gilles Chiasson" wrote in message
. ..
I need a nice bold scroll saw (stencil) font for a project (mailbox):
I need the word POSTE. I hate to have to pay $10 for a couple of
letters. Does anyone know where that could be available for free.
TIA
Gil

Got a computer? Got a printer?

If you use something like MS Word or MS Works. When choosing a font
for scroll sawing choose Outline. In Word you would select the Font
and type size, then go to Format - Font, then check Outline in
Effects.

Bill

Doug Miller

In article , Gilles Chiasson wrote:
I have looked at many fonts, and I thank you for the Format Outline (I
didn't know that).
I like the font in the plan for a mailbox, the one from Wood Mag. I
will try to include a photo of that plan. I need to have a French
version: POSTE of that same font.

This is a text group, not a binaries group. Most servers automatically strip
attachments.

Try posting the jpg in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking .

--
Regards,

A. D. Coby

This appears to be very similar to what I see in MS Word with the "Bookman Old Style" font and 'Bold".

Gilles Chiasson

This is very good: almost identical. Thank you very much.

Gil

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:56:57 GMT, "A. D. Coby"
wrote:

This appears to be very similar to what I see in MS Word with the "Bookman Old Style" font and 'Bold".

Doug Miller

In article , Gilles Chiasson wrote:
Sorry if I tread on the shoes of this workgroup which I love.

No, you didn't tread on any toes - I'm just pointing out that if you attach
pictures to posts in this ng, most people aren't going to see them. If you
want to be sure that your pics can be seen, post them to a binaries group.

--
Regards,