Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The other type of right-angle kettle connector.

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

.... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry wrote:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

eBay. Plenty of leads. Just search for "right angle kettle lead" and you'll
see ones that deviate to the side or to the floor.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 17:49:56 on
Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Tim Downie
remarked:
You mean like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-Degree-...d-Connector-Pl
ug-Right-Angle-Re-wireable-/121151739072?pt=UK_Computing_CablesConnector
s_RL&hash=item1c3534d4c0

No, that would have the cord going sideways.
--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 16:17:56 on Sat, 17 Aug
2013, Phil L remarked:
JFGI

170,000 of them

I have. All the wrong sort. Just one example of the right sort would be
helpful.

--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 16:17:56 on Sat, 17 Aug
2013, Phil L remarked:
JFGI

170,000 of them

I have. All the wrong sort. Just one example of the right sort would
be helpful.

Do you mean like this shape?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripp-Lite... em4d0c92f8da

obviously you're not gonna pay 30 quid to have it sent from the states

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 17:15:40 on Sat, 17 Aug
2013, Phil L remarked:
Do you mean like this shape?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripp-Lite...les_Connectors
&hash=item4d0c92f8da

Yes, that's the right sort, but I agree about the postage.

Are none of the 170,000 others like that available from the UK?

--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 17:15:40 on Sat, 17
Aug 2013, Phil L remarked:
Do you mean like this shape?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripp-Lite...les_Connectors
&hash=item4d0c92f8da

Yes, that's the right sort, but I agree about the postage.

Are none of the 170,000 others like that available from the UK?

They are American, so you either order one from America and pay the
extortionate postage, or turn your PSU unit over and use a UK one

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 15:28:59 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want. I guess the specification only allows one
direction, maybe for a kettle with spout pointing left to suit a right
handed person, to ensure the lead goes away from you towards the mains
socket on the wall at the back.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave W wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch)
just a standard IEC C15 lead.

__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

Dave W wrote:

I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

Sorry, I read it as looking at the plug, not looking at the socket ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 18:06, Andy Burns wrote:
Dave W wrote:

Roland Perry wrote:

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch)
just a standard IEC C15 lead.

__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

eBay never ceases to amaze me when you want bits like this - it's the
best use for it IMHO.

A few months ago I was after a similar 'odd' gadget after reorganising
my office - the scanner wouldn't fit in the space I wanted it to because
of the USB "A" cable pointing straight out. Ebay quickly provided a new
version with the cable at 90 degrees to the plug, pointing towards the
wall as I wanted it; although every other permutation could be had. £2
delivered from Hong Kong? What's not to like...

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at
18:06:37 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Andy Burns
remarked:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch)
just a standard IEC C15 lead.

__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Roland Perry
scribeth thus
In message , at
18:06:37 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Andy Burns
remarked:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch)
just a standard IEC C15 lead.

__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.

Like this then sans cable?..

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-...blies/7440929/
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 21:52:06 on Sat, 17 Aug
2013, tony sayer remarked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.

Like this then sans cable?..

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/power-...blies/7440929/

Yes (and having the cable is OK).
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 19:54, Roland Perry wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.

Well they do appear to be made if you can find one to buy..

http://www.powercord-china.com/Power...ght-angle.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at
18:06:37 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Andy Burns remarked:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

You don't actually need a kettle lead (with the hot condition notch)
just a standard IEC C15 lead.

__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

Google image search for "iec c15 angle left" turned one up as the 4th image

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250383318223

Nope, that's the one I already have. I need the mirror image.

You could try this company.

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 17:49:03 on
Sat, 17 Aug 2013, Dave W remarked:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

That's amazing, I've just looked through all the Google images and not
one is what you want.

I know. I was expecting at the very least some sort of 80:20 variation,
but 99.999:0.001 (or whatever) is really unexpected.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 15:28, Roland Perry wrote:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

.... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

Alternatively unclip/unscrew the mating half in the computer and refit
180 degrees rotated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 18:50:15 on
Sat, 17 Aug 2013, alan remarked:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

All the ones I can find (one of which is in my "box of a million un-used
leads") are such that looking at the kettle socket the "D" looks like a
"D", and the cord then points towards the floor. What I need is one
that's 180 degrees rotated so that the kettle socket looks like:
__
/ |
| |
| |
\__|

.... and the lead points towards the floor, not the ceiling.

Alternatively unclip/unscrew the mating half in the computer and refit
180 degrees rotated.

It's very well ensconced in a modular power supply I'm afraid. Otherwise
I would already have done that.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2013 19:56, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

Can't you just point it to the side?
http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/lindy...dapter-up.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om, at
22:17:11 on Sat, 17 Aug 2013, "dennis@home"
remarked:
Alternatively unclip/unscrew the mating half in the computer and refit
180 degrees rotated.

It's very well ensconced in a modular power supply I'm afraid. Otherwise
I would already have done that.

Can't you just point it to the side?
http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/lindy...dapter-up.html

No, because in one direction it'll be well outside the footprint of the
PC, and in the other direction (if the mirror image is available) the
connector will be straight in front of the main fan exhaust.
--
Roland Perry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, August 17, 2013 3:28:59 PM UTC+1, Roland Perry wrote:
I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

I vaguely remember RS doing one where the connector part could be mounted in any of the 4 possible orientations in the cable shell.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry scribbled...

I need a right-angle kettle connector to feed into the power supply on a
tower PC.

Don't you mean a left angle ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roland Perry scribbled...

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Artic wrote:
Roland Perry scribbled...

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

3 minutes after I posted the same link. ;-)

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
Artic wrote:
Roland Perry scribbled...

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

3 minutes after I posted the same link. ;-)

Tim

So what's wrong with the RS one that Tony pointed to a couple of posts up ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
Artic wrote:
Roland Perry scribbled...

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

3 minutes after I posted the same link. ;-)

Tim

So what's wrong with the RS one that Tony pointed to a couple of posts up ?

Arfa

Touché. Didn't spot his link.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:02:38 PM UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
3 minutes after I posted the same link. ;-)

This is Usenet. It's not supposed to be real-time instantaneous.

Takes a while for someone to bicycle the floppy disk over ...

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Artic" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...
Roland Perry scribbled...

http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

Interestingly marked as "special" ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Arfa Daily wrote:
"Artic" wrote in message
http://www.blackcatcables.com/11.html

C13 right angle - left cable entry

Interestingly marked as "special" ...

Having read all of this thread, the word "special" was exactly what
leapt to mind! ;-)

--
Scott