Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Unidentified connector type

Please see:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-h.jpg
http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-p.jpg

These are 0.1" spaced and sort of compatible with the common AMP/Molex
headers/housings but not quite identical. Please don't do an extensive
search, but if you recognize the manufacturer/type, please reply here.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote in message
Please see:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-h.jpg
http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-p.jpg

These are 0.1" spaced and sort of compatible with the common AMP/Molex
headers/housings but not quite identical. Please don't do an extensive
search, but if you recognize the manufacturer/type, please reply here.

Thanks!

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is
ignored unless my full name AND either lasers or electronics is included

in the

So what is the difference to Harwin/ Molex etc? other than the bulky looking
upright section of the pins half. Width of pins different to the usual? Is
there a retention lug on the unseen mating surface of the p pic that locks
into the recess pit in the h pic?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" writes:

Samuel M. Goldwasser wrote in message
Please see:

http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-h.jpg
http://repairfaq.cis.upenn.edu/Misc/conn-p.jpg

These are 0.1" spaced and sort of compatible with the common AMP/Molex
headers/housings but not quite identical. Please don't do an extensive
search, but if you recognize the manufacturer/type, please reply here.

sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/

So what is the difference to Harwin/ Molex etc? other than the bulky looking
upright section of the pins half. Width of pins different to the usual? Is
there a retention lug on the unseen mating surface of the p pic that locks
into the recess pit in the h pic?

Not absolutely sure, but the pins look the same make good contact with the
normal AMP/Molex sockets. There is a retention dimple and that does make it
more difficult to remove.

--
sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: http://www.repairfaq.org/