Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

Renault are starting to really push their Zoe electric car. It's an amusing
price, but massively subsidised by European governments (ie by you, me and
every other taxpayer).

Renault advertise it as 130 mile range but in the small print is detail
that the real world range is closer to 60 miles. But the interesting detail
is that you have to rent the battery. That will cost the driver £80 a month
for 7500 miles a year.

So that's 13p/mile just for the battery.
And my wife's boring old petrol car costs.... 13p/mile in petrol.

I'm struggling to see what makes the electric car a good idea.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

More on electric cars. harryagain UK diy 1170 October 21st 12 07:19 PM
Electric cars. harry UK diy 2 September 7th 12 10:08 PM
Electric cars. harry UK diy 38 September 2nd 12 12:38 AM
Electric cars again Bob Eager[_2_] UK diy 30 February 26th 12 11:46 AM
Electric cars [email protected][_2_] Metalworking 9 September 29th 07 04:28 AM