Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars.

Drove an electric car today.
Uncanny experience. Good though.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
Drove an electric car today.
Uncanny experience. Good though.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx

did you do more than 50 miles tho harry.

On 3 hours of charge from your solar tax collectors?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07.09.2012 19:36, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
harry wrote:
Drove an electric car today. Uncanny experience. Good though.
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx

did you do more than 50 miles tho harry.

On 3 hours of charge from your solar tax collectors?

I do not sell Japanese cars, however I very much like to tell how
the Japanese are changing the way we travel in the future.
Mars 2012 there was 36 CHAdeMO charging stations in England.
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/electric-car-fast-charging-feud-between-sae-and-chademo-who-will-win
At this weeks EVS26 electric vehicle conference, the impending choice
between DC fast charging standards was the major topic. CHADEMO is
the incumbent standard, developed several years ago by Tokyo Electric
Power Company (TEPCO) and a consortium of Japanese automakers, and
has been in use since 2008. The SAE is developing a new iteration of
the J1772 standard which includes a new "combo" connector supporting
not only AC charging, but also DC Fast Charge. A consortium of
automakers promise to begin delivering electric cars containing the
combo J1772 system in 2013. Unfortunately the two consortiums do not
overlap, and instead we have a Hatfield-McCoy's style feud going on.
Maybe Beta-versus-VHS is the better analogy? (for the record, I owned
a Beta VCR, but of course both were beat by DVD)

The CHADEMO group is led by Nissan, maker of the Leaf, and
Mitsubishi, maker of the i-MiEV. Both cars require either a long
recharge time (as much as 7 hours) at a 3.3 kilowatt charge rate via
a J1772 plug, or a fast recharge time, 30 minutes, using the CHADEMO
port. Research has shown that when the CHADEMO network was built in
Japan, that electric car utilization went up dramatically, suggesting
that the existence of a fast charging network alleviates range
anxiety.

Fast charge for the i-MiEV:
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/imiev/technology.aspx
If access to a rapid charging point is available, i-MiEV can be
charged from empty to 80% in as little as 30 minutes. The rapid
charging socket is located on the rear left-hand side of the
vehicle, and is designed to be compatible with the standardised
connector on the end of the rapid charging unit's heavy-duty cable.

--
jo
€śAvoiding dangerous climate change€ť is impossible