Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Chemicals used in fracking

http://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/wh...icals-are-used

Well someone asked.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/07/13 17:21, harryagain wrote:
http://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/wh...icals-are-used

Well someone asked.

So, pretty much what you find in any washing up liquid. Do you think we
ought to ban washing up liquid harry? it actually DOES get into drinking
water.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 28/07/2013 19:39, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 28/07/13 17:21, harryagain wrote:
http://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/wh...icals-are-used

Well someone asked.

So, pretty much what you find in any washing up liquid. Do you think
we ought to ban washing up liquid harry? it actually DOES get into
drinking water.

Yes, nothing stuck out as obviously dangerous. Perhaps a resident
chemist might comment.

I suppose it depends on what report you read, many are carcogenic
apparently.....

"As previously noted, chemicals perform many functions in a hydraulic
fracturing job. Although there are dozens to hundreds of chemicals
which could be used as additives, there are a limited number which are
routinely used in hydraulic fracturing. The following is a list of the
chemicals used most often. This chart is sorted alphabetically by the
Product Function to make it easier for you to compare to the fracturing
records" .....

Link...

http://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/wh...icals-are-used
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/07/2013 19:39, Tim Streater wrote:

Yes, nothing stuck out as obviously dangerous.

Good, because I've had a dozen or so of them in my food & drink today.
Such as Sodium Chloride and Sodium Chloride, the two names they give to
common table salt. Quite a few of those are in toothpaste.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/07/2013 22:34, ss wrote:
On 28/07/2013 19:39, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 28/07/13 17:21, harryagain wrote:
http://fracfocus.org/chemical-use/wh...icals-are-used

Well someone asked.

So, pretty much what you find in any washing up liquid. Do you think
we ought to ban washing up liquid harry? it actually DOES get into
drinking water.

Yes, nothing stuck out as obviously dangerous. Perhaps a resident
chemist might comment.

Unsurprisingly, the safety data sheets for the biocides make for
alarming reading. However, they apply to the pure product. Similar
biocides are used in cutting fluids in machine shops around the world
without everybody getting into a flap.

I suppose it depends on what report you read, many are carcogenic
apparently.....

A claim that always makes me wonder how many tonnes a rat had to ingest
to get that result. I have found two on that list, but I haven't done a
thorough search and there may be more. The first is naphthalene, the
main ingredient of traditional mothballs. The second is 2-Butoxyethanol,
which is widely used in paints, surface coatings, cleaning products and
inks. Evidently neither is seen as being that dangerous in real life.

Colin Bignell

OT Fracking harryagain[_2_] UK diy 79 July 31st 13 09:08 PM
O.T. Fracking ... Arfa Daily UK diy 25 July 3rd 13 08:55 PM
OT. Fracking. harryagain UK diy 10 July 28th 12 01:21 AM
Fracking in UK given green light Mike Tomlinson UK diy 166 April 27th 12 05:43 PM
Spa chemicals! R.P.McMurphy UK diy 2 August 6th 06 08:27 AM