Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spa chemicals!

Hi all, bought one of them inflatable spas off eBay...(fantastic by the
way!) But am having problems understanding how to check bromine levels ect.
I have bought a kit for newbie's, but the instructions are next to useless.

Can anyone point me to a decent, simple explanation of what to check, how to
check ect?

cheers

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

R.P.McMurphy wrote:
Hi all, bought one of them inflatable spas off eBay...(fantastic by the
way!) But am having problems understanding how to check bromine levels ect.
I have bought a kit for newbie's, but the instructions are next to useless.

Can anyone point me to a decent, simple explanation of what to check, how to
check ect?

cheers

Steve

no... but you might be interested in looking up the use of copper and
silver for such apps, I gather its a cheaper and cleaner method.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 5 Aug 2006 22:43:46 +0100, R.P.McMurphy wrote:

Hi all, bought one of them inflatable spas off eBay...(fantastic by the
way!) But am having problems understanding how to check bromine levels ect.

Err, whilst bromine-based treatment is recommended for spas coz of its
higher temperature stability, be warned that some people (moi included) are
sensitive to bromine - brought me up in itchy rashes. Something the
manufacturers aren't too keen to mention. I found out about it when I was
idly googling for alternative spa treatments. It's quite well documented in
the US, where I guess they have more experience of spas over a longer
period of time.

In the end I settled for Aqua-Tabs, a two part oxygen based system, very
easy to use and completely effective, with a very occasional dose of
chlorine as a shock treatment.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net

Poison Ivy Removal Without Harmful Chemicals? Bertie Brink Home Repair 40 August 2nd 06 02:33 PM
Chemists & household chemicals Egremont UK diy 139 July 19th 05 09:30 PM
Chemicals charles adams Metalworking 1 April 28th 05 05:48 PM
Remove mineral deposits in water heater with chemicals? EL Home Repair 4 March 8th 05 01:23 AM
Old MSDS Sheets related to Manganese in Welding Rods MMonheit Metalworking 22 February 3rd 04 11:38 PM