Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Yet another use for WD40

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ited-taxi.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ited-taxi.html

Asians again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic groups
that are at each others throats in their own country, here is that they
often continue with the same fueds when they live here. Nobody seems to be
able to look at this aspect and plan for it.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ited-taxi.html

Asians again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic groups
that are at each others throats in their own country, here is that they
often continue with the same fueds when they live here. Nobody seems to be
able to look at this aspect and plan for it.

That would be racist. It's their "culture" innit? It's what enhances our
communities and provides vibrancy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic
groups that are at each others throats in their own country, here
is that they often continue with the same feuds when they live here.

What has historically happened is foreigners come here to get away
from the feuds and bigotry in their own country, and then the bigots,
hatemongers and "religious" leaders follow them to ensure the feuds
and bigotry follow them.

JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 25 July 2013 12:30:41 UTC+1, wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic

groups that are at each others throats in their own country, here

is that they often continue with the same feuds when they live here.

What has historically happened is foreigners come here to get away

from the feuds and bigotry in their own country, and then the bigots,

hatemongers and "religious" leaders follow them to ensure the feuds

and bigotry follow them.

Does that explain why a fair few of the Polish hate Muslims and aren't affraid to show it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic

groups that are at each others throats in their own country, here

is that they often continue with the same feuds when they live here.

What has historically happened is foreigners come here to get away

from the feuds and bigotry in their own country, and then the bigots,

hatemongers and "religious" leaders follow them to ensure the feuds

and bigotry follow them.

Does that explain why a fair few of the Polish hate Muslims and aren't affraid to show it.

They're not exactly in love with Jews, either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I have no idea about this, but one of the problems of having ethnic
groups that are at each others throats in their own country, here
is that they often continue with the same feuds when they live here.

What has historically happened is foreigners come here to get away
from the feuds and bigotry in their own country, and then the bigots,
hatemongers and "religious" leaders follow them to ensure the feuds
and bigotry follow them.

Does that explain why a fair few of the Polish hate Muslims and aren't affraid to show it.

Given how long such hatreds last, it is probably a legacy of the Thirty
Years' War.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:26:19 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ited-taxi.html

"WD-40 causes irritation, redness and tearing if sprayed in the eyes, according to product safety warnings, and can seriously aggravate pre-existing medical conditions."

WTF is "tearing"?

"Pc Dave Townsend, who is investigating the incident, said: 'This was a nasty assault which came out of the blue against three men who had done nothing to provoke the offenders.

'It was an extremely reckless act, spraying such a harmful substance in people's faces, and the victims are very lucky that their vision was unaffected and they have no long-term injuries."

mmm so "harmful" that precisely no-one is any the worse off (apart from the pummeling from the low life outside).

I wonder what transpired earlier in the evening...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday 27 July 2013 07:47 Jim K wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:26:19 PM UTC+1, The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-hunt-woman-

sprayed-men-WD-40-nasty-assault-waited-taxi.html

"WD-40 causes irritation, redness and tearing if sprayed in the eyes,
according to product safety warnings, and can seriously aggravate
pre-existing medical conditions."

WTF is "tearing"?

Lacrimation I would guess..

"Pc Dave Townsend, who is investigating the incident, said: 'This was a
nasty assault which came out of the blue against three men who had done
nothing to provoke the offenders.

'It was an extremely reckless act, spraying such a harmful substance in
people's faces, and the victims are very lucky that their vision was
unaffected and they have no long-term injuries."

mmm so "harmful" that precisely no-one is any the worse off (apart from
the pummeling from the low life outside).

I wonder what transpired earlier in the evening...

I predict it involved alcohol and chav tendencies...

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/07/2013 07:47, Jim K wrote:
WTF is "tearing"?

Forming of tears. I.e. (pretty much) crying without the emotion.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 7:56:31 AM UTC+1, polygonum wrote:
On 27/07/2013 07:47, Jim K wrote:

WTF is "tearing"?

Forming of tears. I.e. (pretty much) crying without the emotion.

oh right - epiphora.

don't recall ever seeing that use before - is it of yank origin?

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/07/2013 07:47, Jim K wrote:

WTF is "tearing"?

Forming of tears. I.e. (pretty much) crying without the emotion.

oh right - epiphora.

don't recall ever seeing that use before - is it of yank origin?

Jim K

I do not know - but it is widely used in medicine. You can see it on UK
Patient Information Leaflets by the dozen. So we are expected to know
what it means!

But if you happen to read it as tearing (as in paper or strips off
apprentices) then it is utterly confusing.

(From Wiki it looks as if epiphora is insufficient drainage rather than
high production. Of course, the result is the same.)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/07/2013 07:47, Jim K wrote:

WTF is "tearing"?

Forming of tears. I.e. (pretty much) crying without the emotion.

oh right - epiphora.

don't recall ever seeing that use before - is it of yank origin?

You've never heard "I'm tearing up"?