Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What do you call...

....these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this. The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
...these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this.
The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim

Cable strain relief - cable strain relief gland - cable gland etc.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Adrian C wrote:
On 08/05/2013 20:06, Tim+ wrote:
...these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this. The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim

cable strain relief?

That sounds like a euphemism... ;-)

Thanks, that makes searching for replacement a lot easier.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bartlett wrote:

"Tim+" wrote:

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Cable strain relief - cable strain relief gland - cable gland etc.

Yep, those words should turn up various suitable items such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//121047050485

What do you call John Rumm UK diy 14 June 10th 12 10:02 PM
What do you call this? What does Harbor Freight call this? mm Home Repair 11 December 1st 10 11:07 PM
What do you call it... Jim Thompson Electronic Schematics 6 December 13th 09 02:10 PM
Very OT, what do you call this? mm Home Repair 14 August 26th 09 03:22 PM
Night call out -- then cancell call Stormin Mormon Home Repair 10 July 22nd 06 11:49 AM