DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What do you call... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/356170-what-do-you-call.html)

Tim+ May 8th 13 08:06 PM

What do you call...

....these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this. The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim

Andy Bartlett[_3_] May 8th 13 08:17 PM

What do you call...

"Tim+" wrote in message
...these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this.
The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim

Cable strain relief - cable strain relief gland - cable gland etc.

Andy

Tim+ May 8th 13 08:47 PM

What do you call...

Adrian C wrote:
On 08/05/2013 20:06, Tim+ wrote:
...these grommet/cable support thingies?

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...pse1529783.jpg

I bought this desiccant dehumidifier on eBay and it arrived like this. The
seller has supplied me with a replacement but shows no interest in the
damaged one.

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Tim

cable strain relief?

That sounds like a euphemism... ;-)

Thanks, that makes searching for replacement a lot easier.

Tim

Andy Burns[_8_] May 8th 13 08:48 PM

What do you call...

Andy Bartlett wrote:

"Tim+" wrote:

I'd like to fix it but it would help to know what you call these things.

Cable strain relief - cable strain relief gland - cable gland etc.

Yep, those words should turn up various suitable items such as

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm//121047050485