Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish: electrical air purifiers? deodourisers, ionizers etc?

Our spare room doubles as a home gym (ie, the rowing machine lives in
there) and there are complaints from overnight guests (ie, my mother -
others are too polite) about the ambient residual aroma.

The window in there is open most of the time during the summer, but (so
I'm told) it still doesn't really do the job, and in weather like it is
now it's particularly awkward. So I was wondering about obtaining some
form of electrical de-odourising device - I mean something which will
actively filter out the niff, not just a plug-in air-freshener.

Is it right that these 'ionizer' devices are just snake oil? If so,
what do they use in public gyms; do they just rely on turning over the
air? Any suggestions?

If not it looks like time for an extractor fan through the wall, which
I'd rather avoid...

Thanks
--
David

Looking for info on ionizers bloggybob Electronics Repair 5 June 21st 06 05:14 AM
Air Purifiers Don Home Repair 21 February 8th 06 07:18 PM
Air Purifiers m Ransley Home Repair 5 February 7th 06 02:45 PM
new models of personal air purifiers Mebart Electronics Repair 60 June 6th 05 03:42 AM
Speaking of ionizers... willshak Home Repair 10 January 8th 05 03:39 PM