Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Energy mix in Germany

It's a bit like tinkerbelle and believing in fairies.
One two three
WE BELIEVE IN GAIA, CLIMATE CHANGE AND RENEWABLE ENERGY!.
WE BELIEVE IN GAIA, CLIMATE CHANGE AND RENEWABLE ENERGY!.
WE BELIEVE IN GAIA, CLIMATE CHANGE AND RENEWABLE ENERGY!.

Well, if Gaia is an organism one way of looking at it is that it
currently has a nasty disease which it will do it's damnedest to get rid of.

The disease is called Humanity.

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:52:52 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Well, if Gaia is an organism one way of looking at it is that it
currently has a nasty disease which it will do it's damnedest to get
rid of.

The disease is called Humanity.

+1

All this "save the planet" ********, the planet will get along just fine.
Life has survived at least five mass extinctions, some wiping out 90% of
all life present at the time. It just happens that we, a single species
from billions of species, might not be around. But TBH we are so
adaptable and able to survive in a huge range of habitats that provided a
few bands can eek out enough water, warmth, shelter and food we will
survive. But it will be back to stone age living...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/01/2013 23:05, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 21:52:52 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Well, if Gaia is an organism one way of looking at it is that it
currently has a nasty disease which it will do it's damnedest to get
rid of.

The disease is called Humanity.

+1

All this "save the planet" ********, the planet will get along just fine.
Life has survived at least five mass extinctions, some wiping out 90% of
all life present at the time. It just happens that we, a single species
from billions of species, might not be around. But TBH we are so
adaptable and able to survive in a huge range of habitats that provided a
few bands can eek out enough water, warmth, shelter and food we will
survive. But it will be back to stone age living...

I was ****ed off at the radio prog the other day talking about the
Anthropocene age; essentially about how mankind must have screwed things
up because we've now left traces in the geological record.

I'd like to see how much geological record there is of London or Berlin
or Moscow after the next ice age.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om,
newshound writes
[...]

There will be just the sound of the itinerant troubadour illegal
pakistani with his lonesome cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_miGclPFGs

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 15/01/13 23:30, newshound wrote:

I was ****ed off at the radio prog the other day talking about the
Anthropocene age; essentially about how mankind must have screwed things
up because we've now left traces in the geological record.

unable to distinguish geological from archaeological time-scales