Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default ******* gate valves

Just swappped an immersion for the old dear down the road.

Probably 30 years old (the gate valve not her).

Guess who was pleased to find that the gate valve worked and stopped the
water? The same person was also delighted when the old immersion came out
very easily and that the new one was a perfect fit and was replaced in
minutes. Job time so far 45 minutes and that includes the electrics and the
15 minutes to find the immersion spanner (I did not leave the spanner on
that shelf in the shed and although they have never been to my house I am
blaming the apprentices for putting it there)

That's when I found out that the gate valve had snapped in the closed
position:-(

--
Adam

Gate Valves Trevor Smith UK diy 7 April 27th 09 09:01 AM
Gate Valves Jen D UK diy 8 August 30th 08 09:17 AM
gate water valves Todd H. Home Ownership 13 December 15th 06 04:41 PM
Gate valves vs. Ball valves. Graham UK diy 28 August 21st 06 08:11 PM
Gate Valves Under Sink - barry martin Home Repair 0 August 24th 04 04:28 AM