Posted to uk.d-i-y
alo alo is offline

Default PC Speakers - no power supply but I have a drawer full of power supplies!

This is the problem:

I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept
together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter.

I have a collection of power adapters, and they are never marked up
with the device they came from.... I also have a multi-settings power
adapter that I can use to test these speakers.

There is nothing on the speakers to indicate what the power adapter
should provide. Though I have another set of older twin speakers
(Creative) and they require 9v.

I was wondering what settings I could try to see if I can get the
Ozaki set tested.

The Ozaki pdf manual that I have managed to locate does not go into
these details.

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alo wrote:
This is the problem:

I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept
together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter.

I have a collection of power adapters, and they are never marked up
with the device they came from.... I also have a multi-settings power
adapter that I can use to test these speakers.

There is nothing on the speakers to indicate what the power adapter
should provide. Though I have another set of older twin speakers
(Creative) and they require 9v.

I was wondering what settings I could try to see if I can get the
Ozaki set tested.

The Ozaki pdf manual that I have managed to locate does not go into
these details.

Thanks

Thy 'em on 6V. If they work, fine. If they sound crap try 9V. And so on.
The correct voltage will be two steps below the one where they start
to smoke.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
alo alo is offline

On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 19:57:30 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

alo wrote:
[...]

Ha ha... Thanks I have set them up at 9V.... seem to be working OK...
no smoke anyway.

It very hard to mark up power supply bricks, they are usually made of
black plastic, with a very small writing writing area... once they
get seperated from their designated device they all start looking the
same! I think I might start branding them like cattle, with a hot
implement!

Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alo wrote:
It very hard to mark up power supply bricks, they are usually made of
black plastic, with a very small writing writing area... once they
get seperated from their designated device they all start looking the
same! I think I might start branding them like cattle, with a hot
implement!

The new type Dymo labels stick quite well. I've also used normal paper
labels, doubled round the cable, with some success.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you sure there is no moulded voltage with a little symbol that looks
like a broken circle and a blob in the middle each with a line going to a
plus and the other to a minus.

at least that would give you a clue of the wiring and the voltage thoughnot
the dissipation.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"alo" wrote in message
This is the problem:

I have dug out a set of Ozaki 4.1 speakers (carefully all kept
together in a plastic bag).. but not with their power adapter.

I have a collection of power adapters, and they are never marked up
with the device they came from.... I also have a multi-settings power
adapter that I can use to test these speakers.

There is nothing on the speakers to indicate what the power adapter
should provide. Though I have another set of older twin speakers
(Creative) and they require 9v.

I was wondering what settings I could try to see if I can get the
Ozaki set tested.

The Ozaki pdf manual that I have managed to locate does not go into
these details.

Thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

alo wrote:
[...]

A white permanent paint marker pen is the answer!

--
Toby... remove pants to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Williamson writes:
alo wrote:
It very hard to mark up power supply bricks, they are usually made of
black plastic, with a very small writing writing area... once they
get seperated from their designated device they all start looking the
same! I think I might start branding them like cattle, with a hot
implement!

The new type Dymo labels stick quite well.

That's what I do when they enter the house, and also mark the
appliance with voltage and current rating if it isn't already.

Since I often power appliances other ways (e.g. stealing the
power from the PC's PSU, or power over Cat5), and I use the
wall warts for things I make myself, labeling them can be
quite important. I often switch supplied inefficient ones for
more efficient ones too.

--
Andrew Gabriel