Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC Speakers - no power supply but I have a drawer full of power supplies!

In article ,
John Williamson writes:
alo wrote:
It very hard to mark up power supply bricks, they are usually made of
black plastic, with a very small writing writing area... once they
get seperated from their designated device they all start looking the
same! I think I might start branding them like cattle, with a hot
implement!

The new type Dymo labels stick quite well.

That's what I do when they enter the house, and also mark the
appliance with voltage and current rating if it isn't already.

Since I often power appliances other ways (e.g. stealing the
power from the PC's PSU, or power over Cat5), and I use the
wall warts for things I make myself, labeling them can be
quite important. I often switch supplied inefficient ones for
more efficient ones too.

--
Andrew Gabriel