Electronics (alt.electronics)

Nick Morgan

Default 6V Power supply in 9V speakers

I have some sony portable speakers that take a 9V power supply, or 4 AA
batteries. Is it bad for them to use a 6V power supply (which works), and if
so, why? Cheers

Nick

UncleWobbly

No... you might notice a bit of clipping or distortion, but if you are happy
with it I guess it's fine... you'll probably find the 9V input is nominal
and regulated (reduced) down to the 6V which is what the batteries would
give...

If it works then it should carry on working.