DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   Electronics (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/)
-   -   6V Power supply in 9V speakers (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics/36214-6v-power-supply-9v-speakers.html)

Nick Morgan September 3rd 03 08:04 PM

6V Power supply in 9V speakers

I have some sony portable speakers that take a 9V power supply, or 4 AA
batteries. Is it bad for them to use a 6V power supply (which works), and if
so, why? Cheers

Nick

UncleWobbly September 3rd 03 10:36 PM

6V Power supply in 9V speakers

No... you might notice a bit of clipping or distortion, but if you are happy
with it I guess it's fine... you'll probably find the 9V input is nominal
and regulated (reduced) down to the 6V which is what the batteries would
give...

If it works then it should carry on working.