Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC keyboard

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?
--
Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Ramsman" wrote in message
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard is
hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she hates to
use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Teach her a lesson:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Type.../dp/B00167ZYMK

It's virtually indestructable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

No signs of wear on my Cherry.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:

Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

No signs of wear on my Cherry.

Yes, but how's your keyboard? ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:15:37 +0000, Ramsman
wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Filco are the best followed by Cherry both available at
http://www.keyboardco.com/ and Amazon. If you can locate an original
IBM 'buckling spring' model and don't mind the noise they are probably
the most hardy keyboards ever made.
--
rbel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, November 16, 2012 10:40:38 AM UTC, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:
"Ramsman" wrote in message

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte

fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set

of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard is

hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she hates to

use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing

keycaps?

Teach her a lesson:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Type.../dp/B00167ZYMK

It's virtually indestructable.

omg that's a disgusting looking keyboard, it'd give me a headache ;-0

This one would do the job ;-)

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Def...als&catid=1716

but probbley not a practical solution, but I'd like one to play with.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Most modern ones have simple printed lettering. Which doesn't last. Older
ones with the 'hard' keys usually engraved which does. I'm using an Acorn
keyboard here (cream with black lettering) from the '90s which still
cleans up as new. All my 'Microsoft' ones show signs of wear.

I have had some success with letraset followed by some clear lacquer,
though.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16-Nov-2012, Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly.

You must be a very indulgent husband, has she no housework to do?

As others have said though the vast majority of modern PC keyboards have the
symbols printed on them and they will wear out .. having said that I'm
currently using a "Tiny" keyboard (anyone remember them) which was very
budget and it's as good today as it ever was (and no wearing). I think your
options are (1) buy a dirt cheap one from PC world or the like for a tenner
or less and expect to replace it every year or so or alternatively (2) look
for the very expensive ones with raised symbols on the keys sold to those
with difficulties seeing.

--

All the best,

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-11-16, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Ramsman" wrote in message
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is
hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she hates
use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Teach her a lesson:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Type.../dp/B00167ZYMK

That reminds me of the keyboards in trading rooms;

http://www.saintclassified.pk/upload...-ad-152062.jpg

Well in my experience of dealing rooms traders do need to be treated like
kids - everlastingly having to pick up their rattles from the ground under
their pram G

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

In article ,
Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Most modern ones have simple printed lettering. Which doesn't last. Older
ones with the 'hard' keys usually engraved which does. I'm using an Acorn
keyboard here (cream with black lettering) from the '90s which still
cleans up as new. All my 'Microsoft' ones show signs of wear.

I have had some success with letraset followed by some clear lacquer,
though.

'Quality' keytops were always 'two shot moulded', with the symbols injected
as a separate operation but the accountants put paid to that process. My
favourite keyboard is still the big clunky one that came with the original
IBM AT. Decent key travel and a definite feedback that you'd hit it. Years
back when they failed, we used to put them through a domestic dish washer,
pull them out before the end dry cycle, and let them dry off slowly in a
warm place - at least 80% of faulty ones were revived and the keyboard came
out beautifully clean!

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

IBM Model M - bullet proof.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-11-16, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Ramsman" wrote in message
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is
hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she hates
use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Teach her a lesson:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Type.../dp/B00167ZYMK

That reminds me of the keyboards in trading rooms;

http://www.saintclassified.pk/upload...-ad-152062.jpg

Well in my experience of dealing rooms traders do need to be treated like
kids - everlastingly having to pick up their rattles from the ground under
their pram G

Too bloody true. You also need a keyboard that can survive having an
expensive noise cancelling telephone handset repeatedly smashed into it.

One police control room used to go through several mice per shift. A
particular operator used to hammer the mouse ball though the PCB then
swapped mice with another workstation. took
CCTV to see what was going on.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The key to the long lasting letters is the process used. Most of the
cheapos use printing but some use a kind of injection technigqe where the
letter is melted into the keytop in a different colour of plastic.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
wrote:

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

IBM Model M - bullet proof.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Filco are the best followed by Cherry both available at
http://www.keyboardco.com/ and Amazon. If you can locate an original
IBM 'buckling spring' model and don't mind the noise they are probably
the most hardy keyboards ever made.

From the keyboard co also look at
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_search.asp?SG=10025
quoteThis is the highest quality, high visibility keyboard, on the
market today, with it's large legends engraved in to it's keys.
The keyboard and keys are black, and the legends are white, the legends
will never wear off, and the keys use the Cherry mechanical G80 (blue)
tactile keyswitch./quote

They also sell the unicomp version of the IBM model M. Made on the
original (well, Lexmark era) tooling, but not as solid as the original.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:15:37 +0000, Ramsman wrote:
Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

IBM model M. Mine just turned 26 this month. Noisy as hell, but bomb-
proof, and from a typing point of view the nicest keyboard that's ever
been made.

If you don't have a real keyboard port on the PC, you'll need an active
USB-PS/2 adaptor; the cheap ones sometimes seen are purely passive and
rely on the keyboard to detect that it's been plugged into a USB port
(and act accordingly) - model M's are too old to know anything of USB, of
course.

cheers

Jules

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:15:37 +0000, Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-11-16, Andrew Mawson

On 2012-11-16, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Ramsman" wrote in message
[...]

Got called out to Long Lartin Cat A prison one night - 'keyboard not
working' - When I got there the screw was lying back in his chair with his
hob nail boots resting on the keyboard!

Mind - got called out to Albany on the Isle of Wight one night, just managed
to catch the last ferry out of Portsmouth, got to the gates, shift had
changed, previous shift hadn't logged my coming with the gate and was
refused entry! Spent an uncomfortable night on the slip way in the back of
my car, knowing full well there'd be another but this time angry call in the
morning.

AWEM

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Get a cd marker pen. Write on new letters.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 10:15, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

The "original" PC keyboard...

http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD

Don't know if they export though. I'm sure someone on ebay would.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Wilson
writes

On 16-Nov-2012, Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly.

You must be a very indulgent husband, has she no housework to do?

As others have said though the vast majority of modern PC keyboards have the
symbols printed on them and they will wear out .. having said that I'm
currently using a "Tiny" keyboard (anyone remember them) which was very
budget and it's as good today as it ever was (and no wearing). I think your
options are (1) buy a dirt cheap one from PC world or the like for a tenner
or less and expect to replace it every year or so or alternatively (2) look
for the very expensive ones with raised symbols on the keys sold to those
with difficulties seeing.

Or get her to trim her finger nails:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 10:15, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

We had that happen and if you don't mind spending a small fortune, we
found a couple of backlit gaming keyboards - good old fashioned two-shot
moulded, so they'll never wear off!

However we just bought the usual sort and we'll replace it when it wears
again.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 16/11/12 17:54, WeeBob wrote:
On 16/11/2012 10:15, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

The "original" PC keyboard...

http://pckeyboard.com/page/category/UKBD

Don't know if they export though. I'm sure someone on ebay would.

the keyboard co
UB434HA Original IBM Style Keyboard, Black USB ÂŁ79.00
UB43PHA Ultra Classic IBM style keyboard, Black USB ÂŁ79.00
UB43PJA Endurapro, buckling spring keyboard with nipple, black USB ÂŁ99.00
UNI3426 Original IBM style keyboard, beige PS/2 ÂŁ79.00
UNI3PHA Ultra Classic IBM style keyboard, Beige USB
http://www.keyboardco.com/keyboard_d...p?PRODUCT=1029

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 19:25, djc wrote:
On 16/11/12 17:54, WeeBob wrote:
[...]

UB43PJA

With a nipple no less.

Thanks for the link... that's the keyboard I'm going to marry!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:04:01 +0000, SteveW wrote:

On 16/11/2012 10:15, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in
forte fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear
badly. A set of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals.
My keyboard is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one,
which she hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

We had that happen and if you don't mind spending a small fortune, we
found a couple of backlit gaming keyboards - good old fashioned two-shot
moulded, so they'll never wear off!

However we just bought the usual sort and we'll replace it when it wears
again.

And then sell the worn one to Brian Gaff!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 15:00, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:15:37 +0000, Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that long!

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little
PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

I still have the PS/2 that it came with but I stopped using that in 1998
IIRC.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:00:51 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:
An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

Ha, I win! ;-) (mine's old enough to have no status LEDs - I do
sometimes miss having a caps-lock one, although num-lock and scroll-lock
ones have always been a bit useless IMHO)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 17:54:51 +0000, WeeBob wrote:
The "original" PC keyboard...

I suppose technically that was the 80-odd key one for the PC and XT; 102-
key ones only came along later (and of course keyboards with stupid
'windows' and other 'gimmick' keys later still)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:22:22 +0000, Jules Richardson wrote:

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 15:00:51 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:
An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

Ha, I win! ;-) (mine's old enough to have no status LEDs - I do
sometimes miss having a caps-lock one, although num-lock and scroll-lock
ones have always been a bit useless IMHO)

I did have a PC/AT one, but it went with the PC/AT when I gave it away!

I have a box full of Model Ms somewhere.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 16, 10:15*am, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?
--
Peter

Get here to wear woolly gloves?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-11-16, Andrew Mawson wrote:

"Huge" *wrote in ...

On 2012-11-16, Mentalguy2k8 wrote:

"Ramsman" wrote in message
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is
hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she hates
use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Teach her a lesson:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crayola-Type...-Keys/dp/B0016....

That reminds me of the keyboards in trading rooms;

http://www.saintclassified.pk/upload...-usb-keyboard-....

Well in my experience of dealing rooms traders do need to be treated like
kids - everlastingly having to pick up their rattles from the ground under
their pram G

Too bloody true. You also need a keyboard that can survive having an
expensive noise cancelling telephone handset repeatedly smashed into it.

They will die young from the stress. The perform no useful function
so no loss.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/12 22:44, Michael Chare wrote:
On 16/11/2012 15:00, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:15:37 +0000, Ramsman wrote:

SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that long!

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little
PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

there are USB adapters for that.

I still have the PS/2 that it came with but I stopped using that in 1998
IIRC.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Michael Chare wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that long!

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little
PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

there are USB adapters for that.

Several of which struggle to provide enough power for a Model M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 16/11/12 22:44, Michael Chare wrote:
On 16/11/2012 15:00, Bob Eager wrote:

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that long!

The label on mine says "Manufactured in United Kingdom 12-08-1988"

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little
PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

They seem to be making a comeback. Not sure why, never having used a
computer to play games, but there seems to be a demand from gamers for
PS/2 rather than USB for keyboards.

--
djc

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

I was thinking that I was the only person to keep a keyboard that
long!

I just hope that they don't stop making motherboards with the little
PS/2 keyboard/mouse sockets.

there are USB adapters for that.

Several of which struggle to provide enough power for a Model M.

But this is a DIY group, so....

http://mg8.org/rump/

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 23:22:22 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson wrote:

An old IBM Model M. I have two, both in use daily, one of which is 23
years old, and the other is a 19 year youngster.

Ha, I win! ;-) (mine's old enough to have no status LEDs - I do
sometimes miss having a caps-lock one, although num-lock and
scroll-lock ones have always been a bit useless IMHO)

Yeah caps lock light is occasionally useful, WTF is my correctly typed
password being rejected. The num lock one for seeing if the keyboard and
computer are still talking to each other or has the machine locked up
when normal typing doesn't produce anything.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:38:55 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

IBM model M. Mine just turned 26 this month.

Ditto for mine.
I'm on my other one as the first one finally needed a clean.

Noisy as hell, but bomb-
proof, and from a typing point of view the nicest keyboard that's ever
been made

They'll see me out, that's for sure.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 11:55:41 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:
Yeah caps lock light is occasionally useful, WTF is my correctly typed
password being rejected. The num lock one for seeing if the keyboard and
computer are still talking to each other or has the machine locked up
when normal typing doesn't produce anything.

Exactly, although IME caps lock functionaly normally seems to fail once
the machine goes deep-space too, so no need for num-lock (and it's nice
to hear that someone else uses the LEDs as a "dead system" test :-)

One day I might get around to seeing if I can add (non-destructively) a
caps-lock LED to mine; I'm not sure if caps-lock is scanned as a stand-
alone key or if it's strobed as the regular typing keys presumably are
(the former making things a little easier).

cheers

Jules
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2012 10:15, Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Thanks for all the suggestions (helpful and otherwise).

I'll probably go for a good Cherry with bells and whistles rather than a
cheapo. That way there's no learning curve each time if there's a
different layout, plus it's less hassle.

--
Peter

PS/2-to-AT keyboard adapter Chris Giese Electronics Repair 3 December 4th 10 12:33 AM
LED moving message sign programmed with IR keyboard: Missing keyboard...possible solutions? 427Cobraman Electronics Repair 5 October 26th 06 02:15 AM
Just in case: (cherry keyboard pinout) - it was: help on soldering a 5 pin din connector to a keyboard Lotas Electronics Repair 0 June 9th 06 11:27 AM
Keyboard Gilbert Baron Home Repair 0 November 24th 05 09:34 PM
Keyboard ? Cliff Metalworking 5 July 20th 05 10:19 AM