Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC keyboard

In article ,
Ramsman wrote:
SWMBO treats her keyboard like her piano, hitting the keys more in forte
fashion. The result is that the letters on the keycaps wear badly. A set
of stickers has worn even more quickly than the originals. My keyboard
is hardly worn at all, but it's a Microsoft ergonomic one, which she
hates to use.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard (not wireless) with really hard-wearing
keycaps?

Most modern ones have simple printed lettering. Which doesn't last. Older
ones with the 'hard' keys usually engraved which does. I'm using an Acorn
keyboard here (cream with black lettering) from the '90s which still
cleans up as new. All my 'Microsoft' ones show signs of wear.

I have had some success with letraset followed by some clear lacquer,
though.

--
*He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Dave Plowman London SW