Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OTish Amazing scale model.

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Brilliant.
But why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:00:29 -0800 (PST)
harry wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

That is good!

Have you ever seen the cars of Gerald Wingrove? They are spectacular in
their detail.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:05:41 -0000
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Brilliant.
But why?

Why not? Presumably he has lots of time to spare.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:05:41 -0000
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Brilliant.
But why?

Why not? Presumably he has lots of time to spare.
--
Davey.

Fair enough.
I used to be into flying model airplanes, what this guy has done seems
boring to me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2012 18:00, harry wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

The bike with a Triumph tank in frame 7 (also perhaps frame 2?) looks
like a BSA single to me.

I'll concede that the model-making is astonishing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2012 18:00, harry wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Absolutely incredible. I wish I had the time....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:27:28 -0000
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

"Davey" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:05:41 -0000
"Mr Pounder" wrote:

"harry" wrote in message
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Brilliant.
But why?

Why not? Presumably he has lots of time to spare.
--
Davey.

Fair enough.
I used to be into flying model airplanes, what this guy has done
seems boring to me.

Horses for courses. Maybe he can't get out and about.
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 06/11/2012 18:00, harry wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Absolutely incredible. I wish I had the time....

Amazing. Anyone know what kind of engine that is out in the junkyard?
Looks like an air cooled twin like a 2CV but not quite the same. Judging
by the detail, it *will* be a copy of a real engine.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 18:27:28 +0000, Mr Pounder wrote:
I used to be into flying model airplanes

You must be tiny!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim+ wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:
On 06/11/2012 18:00, harry wrote:
http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

Absolutely incredible. I wish I had the time....

Amazing. Anyone know what kind of engine that is out in the junkyard?
Looks like an air cooled twin like a 2CV but not quite the same. Judging
by the detail, it *will* be a copy of a real engine.

http://www.ritzsite.demon.nl/DAF/Cars/DAF33_engine.jpg ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:34:40 +0000, Tim+ wrote:
Amazing. Anyone know what kind of engine that is out in the junkyard?
Looks like an air cooled twin like a 2CV but not quite the same.
Judging by the detail, it *will* be a copy of a real engine.

Dunno, but it looks like a *******-heavy casting at the visible end, so
(assuming it's a copy of something real) I wonder if it was for a
stationary application (or perhaps plant equipment) rather than a car?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 11:34:40 +0000, Tim+ wrote:
Amazing. Anyone know what kind of engine that is out in the junkyard?
Looks like an air cooled twin like a 2CV but not quite the same.
Judging by the detail, it *will* be a copy of a real engine.

Dunno, but it looks like a *******-heavy casting at the visible end, so
(assuming it's a copy of something real) I wonder if it was for a
stationary application (or perhaps plant equipment) rather than a car?

Could be. On closer examination I think it's a four, not a twin.
Certainly it looks like a four lead distributor on top. I did wonder if it
might be a Citroen GS engine but it's not that.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

--

Davey.

If you go straight to the home web site www.modvid.com.au it stated the web site has been shut down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker
activated?

--

Davey.

If you go straight to the home web site www.modvid.com.au it stated
the web site has been shut down.

I must be seeing a cached view, then.

I wonder what happened. Too many visitors for it to handle?
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

I get a 404 which is odd because I saw it yesterday

I think the site has been pulled for some reasons.

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

I get a 404 which is odd because I saw it yesterday

I think the site has been pulled for some reasons.

Over-run its data bandwidth limit, probably.

It's working here and now. FF16, Windows XP, BT Broadband

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

I get a 404 which is odd because I saw it yesterday
I think the site has been pulled for some reasons.

Over-run its data bandwidth limit, probably.

It's working here and now. FF16, Windows XP, BT Broadband

Bet you're looking at a local cached page. I get a 404.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:45:56 +0000, Davey wrote:
I wonder what happened. Too many visitors for it to handle?

Maybe. Viewing it absolutely killed my machine, suggesting that the data
being transferred was quite enormous, even though the images themselves
didn't seem to be particularly high resolution.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html
All I get is a "404"
I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

I get a 404 which is odd because I saw it yesterday
I think the site has been pulled for some reasons.
Over-run its data bandwidth limit, probably.

It's working here and now. FF16, Windows XP, BT Broadband

Bet you're looking at a local cached page. I get a 404.

I was apparently indeed looking at a cached copy.

Checks site home page on spare computer "Web Site as been shut down",
with the banner still showing.

What a helpful message.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 14:21:26 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson wrote:

Maybe. Viewing it absolutely killed my machine, suggesting that the
data being transferred was quite enormous, even though the images
themselves didn't seem to be particularly high resolution.

Still in my cache saved to a directory total of 13 Meg or there abouts...
30 images of 300 to 500k each plus a dozen of so smaller files.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

What a load of ********, that isn't a model, it's real life photographed by
someone with a helicopter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

What a load of ********, that isn't a model, it's real life
photographed by someone with a helicopter.

In which case, that girl really needs a new hairdresser!
--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

All I get is a "404"

I go direct to the site, maybe you have some sort of blocker activated?

I get a 404 which is odd because I saw it yesterday
I think the site has been pulled for some reasons.
Over-run its data bandwidth limit, probably.

It's working here and now. FF16, Windows XP, BT Broadband

Bet you're looking at a local cached page. I get a 404.

Tim

It won't work for me now either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

It won't work for me now either.

It did for me initially, no doubt pulled for high bandwidth, google have
cached some thumbnails, but they don't do justice

http://google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=www.modvid.com.au+body_anders_bi ke_shop

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message

harry wrote:

It won't work for me now either.

It did for me initially, no doubt pulled for high bandwidth, google have
cached some thumbnails, but they don't do justice

http://google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=www.modvid.com.au+body_anders_bi ke_shop

Found some of the model maker's stuff he
http://members.westnet.com.au/mjbd/index.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_a...bike_shop.html

What a load of ********, that isn't a model, it's real life photographed by
someone with a helicopter.

Take a look at this thread then:

http://www.finescalerr.com/smf/index.php?topic=1227.0

where the man himself describes the building of one of the other models
that was on that site.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2012 08:43, Andy Burns wrote:
harry wrote:

It won't work for me now either.

It did for me initially, no doubt pulled for high bandwidth, google have
cached some thumbnails, but they don't do justice

http://google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=www.modvid.com.au+body_anders_bi ke_shop

Do a Google search for Anders Malmberg to find more.