Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Immersion heaters

On Oct 7, 10:20*am, BruceB wrote:
In article 36aa8579-6f5c-4464-b805-
,
says...

You can buy a gadget that turns down the heater to match available
power from the PV but I have looked into this, the savings don't
warrant the expense.

There are a few on the market.
I have installed some Immersun and I believe the sums do add up for
them.http://www.immersun.co.uk/

Very interesting that one. How much does it cost?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 09:45:49 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Oct 7, 10:20*am, BruceB wrote:
In article 36aa8579-6f5c-4464-b805-
,
says...

You can buy a gadget that turns down the heater to match available
power from the PV but I have looked into this, the savings don't
warrant the expense.

There are a few on the market.
I have installed some Immersun and I believe the sums do add up for
them.http://www.immersun.co.uk/

Very interesting that one. How much does it cost?

About £350-450 + installation + VAT, so I can't see it being cost
effective. (Not to mention the highly questionable ethics, if you are
receiving FIT payments.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Oct 2012 18:42:36 +0100, Bill Taylor wrote:

About £350-450 + installation + VAT, so I can't see it being cost
effective. (Not to mention the highly questionable ethics, if you are
receiving FIT payments.)

Someone receiving FIT payments would hold the view that ethics is somewhere to
the North East of the Thames estuary.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Oct 7, 10:20*am, BruceB wrote:
In article 36aa8579-6f5c-4464-b805-
,
says...

You can buy a gadget that turns down the heater to match available
power from the PV but I have looked into this, the savings don't
warrant the expense.

There are a few on the market.
I have installed some Immersun and I believe the sums do add up for
them.http://www.immersun.co.uk/

Very interesting that one. How much does it cost?

About £350-450 + installation + VAT, so I can't see it being cost
effective. (Not to mention the highly questionable ethics, if you are
receiving FIT payments.)

The problem is that you have insufficient hot water capacity to store
significant amounts of power.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--

I'm fed up of financially supporting mortgage holders and banksters.
So I feel perfectly entitled to FIT payments.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/10/2012 17:03, Roger Chapman wrote:
Hi all. I am back for a brief visit and some advice so please don't try
to wind me up. Last looked in before Xmas so I have just marked 79,000
headers as read without reading a single one. :-(

I am under the impression that back in the dim and distant past you
could get immersion heaters where the load could be set at 1, 2 or 3 kw.
A quick google has led me only to 3 kw nominal (well one was 2.7)
heaters so do such animals still exist? If so where available or if not
is there some sensible way of reducing the power consumption of a 3 kw
immersion heater to the levels referred to above?

You can certainly readily get a "3 phase" one with three, 1 kW elements.
When you get inside the cap you will find three separate elements.

immersion heaters delboy[_2_] UK diy 5 November 1st 09 11:26 AM
heatbank immersion heaters jim UK diy 0 August 30th 09 08:54 AM
immersion heaters Stephen[_6_] UK diy 19 August 23rd 09 10:34 AM
Immersion heaters Keith Dunbar UK diy 3 June 13th 07 11:57 PM
Immersion heaters Mike UK diy 13 June 30th 05 08:17 PM