Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default German style toilets?

MM wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Man at B&Q wrote
Rod Speed wrote
MM wrote
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
wrote

I check the poo of all of my animals in order to
ensure they are parasite free and have no blood or
anything in it, so why do humans not do the same?

Because we have a thing about ****
- we prefer to leave it out of sight.

And suffer an early death from bowel cancer...

The bowel cancer death rates aren't any lower in germany.

Visual inspection of turds is useless for detecting bowel cancer.

It can however give visual clues to the posibility of bowel cancer

Nope, when you can see anything in the turds, its MUCH too late.

Rubbish.

Fact with the BOWEL CANCER being discussed.

Thousands of people detect a trace of blood
from a duodenal ulcer, IBS, colitis, or diverticulosis
and subsequently are found not to have cancer.

Irrelevant to the BOWEL CANCER being discussed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote:
MM wrote

[snip]

Rubbish.

Fact with the BOWEL CANCER being discussed.
Thousands of people detect a trace of blood from a duodenal ulcer,
IBS, colitis, or diverticulosis and subsequently are found not to have cancer.

Irrelevant to the BOWEL CANCER being discussed.

Rodney. Why don't you shut the **** up? Do you enjoy making yourself look
like the dumbarse you are each time you post to usenet?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital
examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Steve Firth wrote just the puerile **** that it
always ends up with when its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS
is.

Hmmm, another fail then, Wodney.
https://www.messnerinc.com/catalog/g...hit_Repellent/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

I know that you've never been to Italy. Go on, tell me where you have
been in Italy. I like to watch you wriggle, squirm and lie.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 9, 9:54*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
tony sayer wrote

Man at B&Q wrote
Rod Speed wrote
MM wrote
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
wrote
I check the poo of all of my animals in order to
ensure they are parasite free and have no blood or
anything in it, so why do humans not do the same?
Because we have a thing about ****
- we prefer to leave it out of sight.
And suffer an early death from bowel cancer...
The bowel cancer death rates aren't any lower in germany.
Visual inspection of turds is useless for detecting bowel cancer.

Umm .. beg to differ to the idiot post above....

Down on your knees, fool.

Is you right hand worn out. I don't think Tony does that sort of
thing.

It is useful for visible blood.

Which is much too late for viable bowel cancer detection.

Nope.

Any blood in faeces is a warning sign of something wrong.

Wrong, as always. Its usually just haemorrhoids.

Read on...

Sometimes if its bright red it can be simple piles AKA Haemorrhoids,

Normally, not sometimes.

Got there in the end.

but a duller shade usually means its come from higher up the digestive
tract.

But when its visible, its much too late for viable bowel cancer detection..

Nope.

So any blood in faeces is a warning and
should be checked out as soon as possible

But when its visible, its much too late for viable bowel cancer detection..

Nope.

especially if your male and over 50 or any
history of bowel cancer in your family..

But when its visible, its much too late for viable bowel cancer detection..

Nope.

THere are even a number of *Australian* sites
http://www.abc.net.au/health/library...04/1829066.htm
that are quite clear that bowel cancer can be detected by visible
blood in the stools.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 9, 2012 3:11:59 PM UTC+1, Moonraker wrote:
On 09/08/2012 10:49, fred wrote:

In article , N_Cook writes

For anyone having to do such inspections , much more straightforward

process.

Halve / halve ... etc ordinary newspaper newsprint, not magazines ,

until

rectangles just bigger than the water area of the trap. One sheet at a

time,

before doing your business, has never been known to cause a blockage, if

using flimsy newsprint that is.

The nail on the bog door is not obligatory. Nor is selecting newspaper

pics

of the Prime Ministor to do your business on, but it may help your mental

health .

Bloody politicians sticking their nose in our business again . . . . ?

I could not be arsed to read all the posts. But having lived in Germany

for a number (tempted to add 2 here) years I was a convert. What I like

is there is no splash back, which is an inconvenience. The only solution

in this country is to line the pan first with paper. Thanks goodness it

is recycled these days!

Splashback ?
That washes you clean innit ?
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve Firth wrote just
the puerile **** that it always ends up with when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Man at B&Q wrote
just the puerile **** that's all it can ever manage when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2012 09:16, Terry Fields wrote:

A diet high in chicken and fish instead doesn't smell very much at
all; you can leave a bathroom and no-one knows you've had a poo.

Each person's particular mix of gut bacteria also makes a big difference
to their "bathroom aroma", and that's more affected by chance and your
genetics than your diet.

There have been several interesting articles in New Scientist recently
on gut flora - still not well understood but crucial to good health.
"Foecal transplants" have been very successful in treating chronic
disorders like colitis where nothing else has helped.

--
Reentrant
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:18:26 -0700 (PDT), Andy Dingley
wrote:

On Wednesday, 8 August 2012 11:28:33 UTC+1, fenwoman wrote:
I am fed up with the UK type toilet and would much prefer the German
style one.

I know one person who had one installed. They bought it whilst visiting family in Germany and drove it back.

That must have been a sight to behold, Left hand drive I presume.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone else noticed the OP hasn't been back?

Is she in the toilet? Can someone check...?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2012 11:29, F wrote:
Anyone else noticed the OP hasn't been back?

Is she in the toilet? Can someone check...?

That's this thread down the pan!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Rod Speed
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote
Man at B&Q wrote
Rod Speed wrote
MM wrote
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote
wrote

I check the poo of all of my animals in order to
ensure they are parasite free and have no blood or
anything in it, so why do humans not do the same?

Because we have a thing about ****
- we prefer to leave it out of sight.

And suffer an early death from bowel cancer...

The bowel cancer death rates aren't any lower in germany.

Visual inspection of turds is useless for detecting bowel cancer.

Umm .. beg to differ to the idiot post above....

Down on your knees, fool.

It is useful for visible blood.

I Shouldn't imagine that your medically qualified and probably get most
of your info off Google which can be open to interpretation in more then
the one way, but good friend of mine is a consult in Gastroenterology
and whilst some of that might have element of truth in it not all of it
has.

Sometimes this is not as clear cut as you might read...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital
examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2012 11:50 Moonraker wrote:

On 10/08/2012 11:29, F wrote:
Anyone else noticed the OP hasn't been back?

Is she in the toilet? Can someone check...?

That's this thread down the pan!

Looks like we're just going through the motions!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A diet high in chicken and fish instead doesn't smell very much at
all; you can leave a bathroom and no-one knows you've had a poo.

Why is it that arriving home after a quick pint in my local pub STWNFI takes
one sniff and knows where I have been. Its the same with my staff if they
have just come back from the chip shop, MacDonalds, or been out for a smoke
I can tell by the lingering smell. Even the smell of oil from the workshop
(particularly EP90) lingers on clothing.

Yet return from the bog after the foulest smelling dump and nothing!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 10, 10:22*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Some gutless ****wit desperately cowering behind
Man at B&Q wrote
just the puerile **** that's all it can ever manage when
its got done like a ****ing dinner, as it ALWAYS is.

Change the record, loser.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 10, 11:55*am, tony sayer wrote:
In article , scribeth
thus

On 9 Aug,
* * tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital
examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

My eldest sone has had a number (UC diagnosis) but never any form of
anaesthetic, just an enema beforehand.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-08-09, Andy Champ wrote:

On 09/08/2012 08:52, JTM wrote:
If that's a washbasin as the top of the cistern, I saw one
in a Leroy Merlin (France I'm afraid) a few weeks ago

You didn't have to say it was France, it's always France.

Nowhere else in the developed world has squat toilets, urinals on the
outside, urinals placed so the ladies have to walk past them, or toilets
with lights that only stay on for 5 seconds...

... and that's the ones I saw last week.

The outdoor urinals have disappeared --- at least in Paris in recent
years (I think they were still around in 1990).

http://www.millerwalks.com/content/public-urinals
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-08-09, Andy Champ wrote:

On 09/08/2012 08:52, JTM wrote:
If that's a washbasin as the top of the cistern, I saw one
in a Leroy Merlin (France I'm afraid) a few weeks ago

You didn't have to say it was France, it's always France.

Nowhere else in the developed world has squat toilets, urinals on the
outside, urinals placed so the ladies have to walk past them, or toilets
with lights that only stay on for 5 seconds...

... and that's the ones I saw last week.

The outdoor urinals have disappeared --- at least in Paris in recent
years (I think they were still around in 1990).

http://www.millerwalks.com/content/public-urinals

Italy still has "all of the above" as does Belgium and Luxembourg.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech)
digital examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

How do they do that (the clearing out)? I'd heard you had a glass of some
magic gloop and duct-taped yourself[1] to the bog for a while. Is it more
complicated?

[1] Newton's Laws and all that...

--
Tim Watts

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-08-09, Andy Champ wrote:

On 09/08/2012 08:52, JTM wrote:
If that's a washbasin as the top of the cistern, I saw one
in a Leroy Merlin (France I'm afraid) a few weeks ago

You didn't have to say it was France, it's always France.

Nowhere else in the developed world has squat toilets, urinals on the
outside, urinals placed so the ladies have to walk past them, or toilets
with lights that only stay on for 5 seconds...

... and that's the ones I saw last week.

The outdoor urinals have disappeared --- at least in Paris in recent
years (I think they were still around in 1990).

http://www.millerwalks.com/content/public-urinals

And yet, ironically, they are appearing in London - eg just over the Strand
from Charing X Station
--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital
examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

Err no it isn't. Fine under anaesthetic. Neither the cleaning out nor the
colonoscopy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Watts
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech)
digital examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

How do they do that (the clearing out)? I'd heard you had a glass of some
magic gloop and duct-taped yourself[1] to the bog for a while. Is it more
complicated?

[1] Newton's Laws and all that...

Umm .. its called "Fleet" it clears you out.

You drink a glass of it, its like a fizzy drink. Nothing happens for a
while then its ... "Action stations!"

That means don't go that for from a nearby loo..

It does what it sez on the tin, and it does it well. OK its not that
pleasant but neither is Bowel cancer..

Its needed to provide a clear view for the colonscope witch is a lighted
tube thats passed thru the anus up the bowel to see what's there.

If indeed it does find a polyp they can then use an inbuilt wire snare
to snip it out and well .. job done...

They can then analyse the polyp removed and see what it was or might
have been up to;!. They are normally very slow growing.
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:39:37 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:
Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

How do they do that (the clearing out)?

Angle grinder! Wait, I mean, pressure washer!

:-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article -
september.org, Steve Firth scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..

Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech) digital
examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

Err no it isn't. Fine under anaesthetic. Neither the cleaning out nor the
colonoscopy.

Just to elaborate on that Steve. The cleaning out is NOT done under
anaesthetic its done while your very much conscious. Its like having a
very bad bout of Diarrhoea. Not pleasant but shouldn't be for most
people be that bad. To put it in the popular vac you might have a bit of
a sore arse afterwards.

The Colonscopy proper is usually done under a full anaesthetic which can
of course be to varying depths of consciousness and also whose doing it
and what method there using..

If dome as it should be you'll be out for the whole procedure..

Some anaesthetist do start it as its about to happen..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:

You drink a glass of it, its like a fizzy drink. Nothing happens for a
while then its ... "Action stations!"

I've had this stuff once; I was told to take it the day before. The packet
strongly implied the reaction would be within an hour or two. In my case,
nothing happened until about 9 hours later (and then it was dramatic) but it
was also very close to the time I had to leave the house to get to the
clinic, which made me quite nervous! I did comment on this & the staff said
my experience wasn't all that uncommon.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:58:29 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

How do they do that (the clearing out)? I'd heard you had a glass of some
magic gloop and duct-taped yourself[1] to the bog for a while. Is it more
complicated?

[1] Newton's Laws and all that...

Umm .. its called "Fleet" it clears you out.

You drink a glass of it, its like a fizzy drink. Nothing happens for a
while then its ... "Action stations!"

That means don't go that for from a nearby loo..

Used to be available over the counter under the brand Name Watneys Red
Barrel.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tony sayer wrote:
In article -
september.org, Steve Firth scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:
In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

[...]

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about, for colonoscopy a general is not
required. Nor is Fleet the usual prep, phosphate enemas are usually used. I
suspect that if you have experienced Fleet + general that they went a lot
higher than the colon and had a poke around the small bowel as well.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

In article , scribeth
thus
On 9 Aug,
tony sayer wrote:

As for detection an Endoscopy is the gold standard test. This site has a
lot more info them most and its well worth a good look.

http://www.gihealth.com/

So next time your at the docs and are as said over 50 odd then ASK him
or her for a test..
Last time I went with problems in that area it was a (very low tech)
digital examination. AAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines
have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or
full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

How do they do that (the clearing out)? I'd heard you had a glass of some
magic gloop and duct-taped yourself[1] to the bog for a while. Is it more
complicated?

[1] Newton's Laws and all that...

Picolax. Mix it into a pleasant orange flavoured drink, consume, then
stay *very* close to a toilet. If your toilet is upstairs, *do not go
downstairs*. Just don't ask me how I know, okay?

There's often a repeat perfomance a while later, so don't relax after
the first explosion.
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/08/2012 15:07 tony sayer wrote:

The Colonscopy proper is usually done under a full anaesthetic which can
of course be to varying depths of consciousness and also whose doing it
and what method there using..

If dome as it should be you'll be out for the whole procedure..

Mine was done under mild sedation. I spent the time watching the monitor
and discussing progress. I got something of a running commentary: 'and
there's your appendix' etc.

I quite enjoyed it, though not the preparation earlier in the day...