Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Triton Workcentre, router table etc

Does anyone here have a Triton Workcentre (a table-saw table, essentially),
and/or their router table (a table top that can replace the saw-table
tabletop or be used on a separate stand)? ANy opinions of these products?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/07/2012 17:02, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
Does anyone here have a Triton Workcentre (a table-saw table, essentially),
and/or their router table (a table top that can replace the saw-table
tabletop or be used on a separate stand)? ANy opinions of these products?

I've just bought the Triton Saw Table

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Triton-TCB10...=pd_sim_diy_10

Since we are downsizing and I'm going from a garage workshop to a shed.
I had to sell my table saw.

Haven't tried in in anger yet, but initial impressions are very good.

Someone has put an awful lot of thought into this product & I'm
confidant it will work a treat.

Hopefully I will have a chance to play this weekend, in which case a
full review will follow.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

I've just bought the Triton Saw Table

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Triton-TCB10...=pd_sim_diy_10

Since we are downsizing and I'm going from a garage workshop to a shed. I
had to sell my table saw.

Haven't tried in in anger yet, but initial impressions are very good.

Good!

Someone has put an awful lot of thought into this product & I'm confidant
it will work a treat.

LOts of thought is very much the impression I gained, not least from looking
at lots of YouTube videos. I also found a webpage listing spares, with an
exploded-view diagram, always a useful thing to have, and a copy of the
manual and have skim-read that. I'm teetering on the edge of buying it, but
am slightly alarmed at the total cost - for I'd probably also be getting the
Tritin 235mm saw (since the thing I have now is not accurate or easily
adjusted, let alone having micro adjustments etc) and a Triton router
(probably the 1400W one). And some of the accessories...

Hopefully I will have a chance to play this weekend, in which case a full
review will follow.

I will certainly be interested...

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 July 2012 17:02:27 UTC+1, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
Does anyone here have a Triton Workcentre (a table-saw table, essentially),
and/or their router table (a table top that can replace the saw-table
tabletop or be used on a separate stand)? ANy opinions of these products?

I have an early model from Triton and the router table. Both were inherited from my father 18 years ago, and they weren't new then. I haven't used the router table, but the workcentre is good. Trying to cut 8x4 sheets is a bit scary (I really need a separate roller for that). Switching it over to cross-cut mode (saw on top) from ripping (saw poking up through the bottom) is sufficient of a faff that my father got a Eumenia saw for cross cutting. (He didn't have a tool problem - he could stop buying any time he wanted to.)

I now have the Triton in the UK and the Eumenia abroad. Switching over isn't as convenient as moving across the garage - but it's not difficult.

Having said all that ... brands can go from "excellent" to "****e" in a lot less than 20 years.

This all reminds me - the box enclosing the power switch is slightly broken.. I really must try and get a replacement; if they still stock suitable spares, I shall be impressed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:02:27 +0100, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts
wrote:

Does anyone here have a Triton Workcentre (a table-saw table, essentially),
and/or their router table (a table top that can replace the saw-table
tabletop or be used on a separate stand)? ANy opinions of these products?

Yes, I have both. I've used the table saw quite a lot and have found
it very useful over the years. The scales on the rip fence are
REASONABLY accurate but I always check the fence for alignment to the
sawblade before using. I've never successfully used the bevel guide
on the fence. For 90 degree crosscut using the protractor, I find the
protractor slide easy to use and accurate but any other angle I find
it hard to slide smoothly.
In crosscut mode I always want to use the 'wrong' hand to drive the
saw and find holding the timber difficult. Again 90 deg cuts OK but
setting up for accurate mitre cutting is quite difficult. If you have
a lot to do then the tiem and effort is worth while.

I've used the router table relatively little but don't feel it is any
better or worse than a homemade router table sat on the bench. If
space is limited and you don't have a permanant bench then its worth
having IMHO.

Mine is the older 2000 workcentre. I use a Dewalt 9" saw in it. This
is probably not the best saw to use as the depth of cut is fiddly to
set accurately (being a slide rather than a pivotted arrangment) a
fact they mention in the instructions after you;ve bought the table!
HTH
Please reply to group - email address is not monitored
Ian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Is this the one where the saw moves through the timber, or the one where
the timber moves through the saw?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Where the saw moves through the timber. You need a sacrificial board
under the piece to be cut and it is still (for me at least!) trial and
error to get the saw set to the correct angle. As I say, worth the
effort if a lot to do.