(Just) Allan

Default Do I need a Triton router table?

Hi folks... I plan to buy a router. For those that know Triton stuff
- is there a better option for a router table? (I'm in Australia.)

Thanks for reading...

Allan.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 09:11:23 +1000, "(Just) Allan"
wrote:

Hi folks... I plan to buy a router. For those that know Triton stuff
- is there a better option for a router table? (I'm in Australia.)

Thanks for reading...

Allan.

build your own.

it's fun. it builds your skills. it saves you money.

wrote:

Hi folks... I plan to buy a router. For those that know Triton stuff
- is there a better option for a router table? (I'm in Australia.)

Thanks for reading...

Allan.

build your own.

it's fun. it builds your skills. it saves you money.

Yeah, but... : )

I'm just beginning in woodwork so I guess what I'm asking is... Is a
hole in a flat surface all there is to a router table? Does it matter
which "hole in a table" I use!?

Allan.

that is all there is to your (and my) first one.

you'll use it for a while and figure out what features you really
need. then you'll build the next one. having the first one will make
it easier to build the second one, and so on.

if you do it like I do, you'll spend approximately nothing doing it-
it's all shop scraps and your time.

it's not uncommon for me to build a one off quickie router table for
some specific purpose. usually I'll keep them around for a while until
I figure out what does and doesn't work about them, then use the good
features in the next one. there's no clear line between router "table"
and router "jig" in my shop.

if you go out and spend gobs o dough on a fancy store bought one,
you'll be way less willing to go ahead and drill holes in it, cut a
little off of the end or take the time to learn how to build an
accurate fance, for instance. and the fancy one in the end won't be a
bit more accurate than the one you make.

Router table Art Ransom Woodworking 2 March 18th 05 11:10 PM
PC 7518 / router table CNT Woodworking 13 March 2nd 05 01:28 PM
Put a Power Feeder on my Router Table (w/pics) David F. Eisan Woodworking 16 December 31st 04 10:40 PM
Help with router table Highspeed Woodworking 3 October 18th 04 06:08 AM
router and router table question cornytheclown Woodworking 6 February 19th 04 07:51 PM